• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Morphine sulphate

Slimwin

Greenlighter
First post so please go easy. Firstly i have a stressful job. It is widely known for people in my line of work to have a crutch, be it alcohol drugs etc. Over the years i have had many mostly legal. Accept the past few years. Got prescribed codiene phosphate 60mg, 4 times daily for back pain, along with 4mg diazepam 3 times daily which turned in to oramorph 5ml/5mg 4 times daily. You can see the progression here! Anyhow long story got physically addicted to codiene, twas hell coming off it, withdrawals landed me in hospital with dehydration despite all of the research i did.

Anyhow have come across 300mg Morphine Sulphate in 30mg time release capsules. Now i have a little experience in morphine, but i still do not get it, or its affects as a substance.

Codiene is easy pop 60mg and you get a nice light buzz, which ticks along, is controllable and feels ok. Over time you need to manage the addiction and constipation and thats about it.

Morphine however is a whole different kettle of fish. So the story goes i opened a 30mg capsule and measured out roughly a third of the contents - about 10mg. I took this and felt nothing after an hour, so tried another third at this point still feeling nothing. Anyhow i continued this roughly every hour until i had used orally 60mg. Roughly 5 hours after first taking it i felt some euphoria (i was in bed by now) and some side affects - i am not totally opiate niave but i dont have much of a tolerance either, so as you can imagine this is a fairly large dose. Next day was vomiting until about 3pm with dizzyness, disorientation, sweating and tachycardia (fast heart rate). Was not a great experience.

Now i can see the power of thos drug and want to enjoy what i have. I guess what i am asking is what i am looking for and for those out there who are familiar with oral morphine sulphate what are the signs that i might be slightly above my dosage threshhold. The time release does not help the issue as its difficult to gauge how my body is breaking it down. Advice needed. Thanks.

P.s. no point in repeating standard information in regards to Morphine Sulphate i would like to hear from someone who has direct experience and can relay that experiece. For example codiene at first does not do alot, you almost have to learn the subtleties of it to enjoy it. Im guessing morphine is similar with a higher level of enjoyment. Aware of sides.

Sorry last thing - i want to use it just to chill out. I am not looking to be wasted or high as a kite just be aware of a buzz with few sides much like codiene. Again i feel its the time release screwing things up here.

I would like to know if morphine sulfate is any good if it's 4 years old.

It probably didn't degrade the exp date is just a requirement due to all the ingredients... It sounds like you have kadien 12 hours release with the little balls and ended up taking too much only for it to hit you really heavy after it all built up once all your doses hit their peak strength point. Next time be more aware of not just the compound, but formulation your are taking.

If I were forced to make a fairly educated guess, I'd say that you might be an extensive metabolizer of Codeine. You mentioned that you were switched to a dosage of Morphine 5mg x4 daily. Assuming that you're even an average metabolizer of Codeine, this dosage of Morphine should amount to less total Narcotic in your system by approximately 25%. I can see now though that you ended up with more potent effects later on in the experience.

In general, monitoring yourself for sigsn of overdose is not an effective policy. It's a Catch-22 in many ways, as the central nervous system will become depressed, so will your reaction time, both physical and mental. By the time you fully realize that you're in a bit of a sticky situation, it's likely going to be too late for you to reach the appropriate help.

Most important sign: Increased effort involved in respiration, either suddenly "remembering" to breathe when feeling lightheaded or a feeling of struggling to "get enough air in" on each inhale.

Well that just sounds scary! Was pretty angry at myself when i realised what had ocurred. My experience with codiene/oramorph was a year or so ago, did not relapse due to going cold turkey being unpleasant enough. so i am basically opiate naive. Had it been 60mg of fast release morphine sulphate then i could have been in trouble, given it being slow release i was probaly far below blood levels that affected my respiratory function enough to be detrimental . Anyhow thank you for the replys very helpful. I slipped up where i have little or no experience of the recreational value of oral morphine sulphate. I did not know what i was looking for.

So here i am still with 300mg slow release morphine sulphate and no idea how to use it, to get what i want. Certainly wont be taking any more than 20mg for now. I have found that eating food helps it kick in alot

Just to reply to you kief i was aware it was slow release and checked peak blood plasma level conversion chart. This of course doesnt take in to account my personal motabolism. Not interested in pushing boundaries just after relaxation/escapism. Again im pretty sure if it was fast release 15mg would be fine and i would be aware of any negative effects pretty quick. Its just unpredictable sticking 60mg of a substance in you at once which is the equivalent of taking 5mgs every hour (guestimation). How do you know how much slow release to take to get blood plasma levels high enough to enjoy it but not risk putting so much in your body that 6 hours later you are in a risk zone. That information can only be provided by experience.