• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Morphine sulphate - how do i remove the slow release mechanism?

DeepFriedFunk

Greenlighter
I got 30mg in the form of 2x 15mg pills last night and crushed them up and swallowed them. The powder looked sort of clumpy and wouldn't really powder. I'd had a valium but I really only got a little buzz, nothing like I would expect from morphine.

So now I have 2x 30mg pills. I was wondering what the most effective way to remove the time release mechanism is and also how would you take them? I can plug them if needs be but I'd rather not. Oh yeah and dosage, I have a very mild tolerance - nothing like what a seasoned opiate user would have.

*EDIT I dont know the brand but the 30mg pills are bright purple with a tough almost waxy coating. They say NAPP on one side and 30mg on the other.

I probably won't come across these again so I don't want to waste them. Thanks guys.

Personally I would prep them as if for IV, and then do what you wish with resulting solution.

I've gotten the ABG 30's before. I found using COLD water works better than hot/warm. Don't apply a flame to them... It wastes alot of Morphine.. After you mix the FINELY crushed pill with cold water, let it sit for 2-3 minutes. After that brush any wax left on top of the mixture to the side.

Depending on what you're going to do with the solution, it should be ready from that point.

Please do a search here on BL for this information. There on many threads on different ways to somewhat defeat the time release on morphine tablets. And yes, the very best way to get the most out of them is to use them rectally ("plug" them)..it has the best BA and is much, much better than taking them orally. But if you are going to take them by mouth or rectally, the easiest way to get the most out of the time release is to crush them up and place them in a few ml of water and allow them to sit for 12 hours or so...this will allow them to release all the medication out.

I recommend crushing them up fine, then pouring them in a bottle of carbonated flavored water & let sit over night......this works great!

Use like 4 ounces of ycarbonated water.......

Do not plug with this much water, this is only for drinking. Be safe.......

Last edited:
I recommend crushing them up fine, then pouring them in a bottle of carbonated flavored water & let sit over night......this works great!

Use like 4 ounces of carbonated water.......

Yes this also works..but if you are going to plug it rectally then I wouldnt suggest using this much liquid.

Morphine ER 100mg prep foe

I have a script for 100mg ER morphine. I would like prep instructions for injection.

It's a nasty process that yields poor results, especially without .22micron syringe filters. There are a few different methods you can locate in the search engine. I'd be of more help but I strongly disagree that the end result is in any way "safe" to inject. Even with micron filters it's far from idyllic.