• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

morphine sulfate ER 30 milligram-Actavis

T

Tarajolinia

I have been on morphine for 10 years but the pills I recently got from the pharmacy are from a different manufacturer and I have never seen them before. extended release morphine sulfate 30 milligram tablets,imprinted on one side is a half moon shape and on the other side is 271 they are yellow, round and I think the manufacturer is after Actavis. I would like to know if it is safe to inject them and do they need to be cooked

Extended-Release Morphine pills are, as a rule, not safe to inject at all. All pills not designed for the purpose of injection are inherently dangerous to inject, but pills with extended-release mechanisms are even moreso. They're designed to be able to survive the violent conditions of the digestive system without immediately degrading. This makes them more difficult to solute and more dangerous to inject.

There's not a safe method of injecting these pills, there is only a method. Hopefully someone will stop by with some more helpful instructions.

I think the only right answer is that they're definitely not safe to inject and much less safe than other preps like keif said.

If you're dead set on it make sure to use a micron filter