• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Morphine patch for comedown

Jayc90

Greenlighter
Guy upstairs has a morphine patch for sale and I’m genuinely in need of a source of opiate on a nasty crack binge comedown lol.
I’ve only smoked it once in prison was a tiny little bogey kind of glue
How do I get it off to smoke?
Just scrape it off into a ball and run a bit on tin foil till I feel better?
How dangerous is morphine patch glue smoking thanks

If the dose is reasonable (you don't say what it is) just use it as intended FFS. You could even put it on towards the end of your crack binge but a while before and preempt the comedown. With no tolerance you'll probably be feeling pretty nice, and for a while too. If the dose is high it might make you a bit sick, in which case take breaks from the patch (rub down the skin area with alcohol.) I'm pretty sure you're unlikely to get into dangerous OD territory there as well but this of course is dependent on dose and tolerance.

Last edited:
Morphine patches don't exist (at least not commercially, to my knowledge, though I guess they could be created by a compounder).

I think you are talking about fentanyl patches. Those can be smoked. When I tried it I smoked it off of foil. Don't take hits too close together if you have no tolerance.

Hi they are 20mcg bupe patches I have no Tolerence is it safe to wear one

Hi they are 20mcg bupe patches I have no Tolerence is it safe to wear one
That's quite a lot if you are opiate-naïve. I'm not too familiar with transdermal bupe, I had to look up the dosage conversion and got some contradictory answers but they go up to being equivalent 250mg-ish of morphine, per day, orally. I very much doubt you would outright die (even from the oral morphine, and buprenorphine is one of the safest opiates due to its unique pharmacology) but there's a very good chance it would have you doing a lot of vomiting (bupe causes more nausea than some other opiates IME) and drifting in and out of sleep, which would be unpleasant and possible dangerous if you aspirate. I'd avoid it. This is all in my estimation, I've never done these patches, in fact I am pretty sure the came out after I was out of the game.

I wouldn't do that much if I were you. I don't know enough about how the patches are formulated to tell you whether you could cut it in half or something. I'll defer to someone else who could answer that. Almost certainly you could put it on for a short time and then take it off (cleaning the skin with alcohol after removing the patch.)

Smoking, taking it under the tongue, or even (ewww) plugging are theoretical possibilities but I wouldn't do any of them as it's too hard to measure out a dose (these patches apparently have 3 days worth of drug in them!) Be very careful tinkering with the patch no matter what to do. I think the safest thing to do would be try the patch for 15-20 minutes then wait a while maybe try it again if you feel the need. Make sure you don't go to sleep on it.

Bupe is not the most recreational opiate, especially to experienced users (who may get precipitated withdrawal in addition to finding it underwhelming) but people do use it recreationally and people who are opiate naïve can get pretty high. It's a more popular drug of abuse in some places (France maybe IIRC?) So your mileage may really vary. If I'd known it was bupe I would've told you earlier if you haven't bought it yet I would tell the guy upstairs thanks but no thanks. If you have it and want to try it, refer to above.

Last edited:
As I’m opiate nieve I thought about wearing it for an hour and taking it off for dosing would that be safe

As I’m opiate nieve I thought about wearing it for an hour and taking it off for dosing would that be safe
Nobody knows

The advice above of trying 15 minutes sounds safer than an hour though, if you really must use it in the first place that is