• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Morphine instant to extended withdrawal??

HezzaD

Bluelighter
Hi been to rying sort life out as been abusing oxycodone and morphine for two years I have stopped buying off Street and even have morphine spare for once anyway if I'm used to plugging or orally 30 to 60 mg mscontinnat one tike and dose around three times a day instant as I take 120mg how bad would my withdrawal be if I didn't crush the 60mg extended should I half the pill as it does last twelve hours when halfed and wean myself to like 30mg instant twice day then 60mg extended.

I see no one has responded to your post yet but I can give you some basic guidelines if you're interested. When tapering off meds such as yours, the idea is to take the smallest amount possible to ease your major withdrawal symptoms. Some find halving their regular dose for a week, give or take a few days, works pretty well. However, if you can handle a larger reduction then by all means go for it. Oftentimes one's drug stock on hand will determine how fast or slow someone will be able to taper down. Good luck tackling this and I really wish I could have been of more help to you.