• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Morphine/Hydromorphine ER most effective ROA

ElectricalBanana

Greenlighter
Hi, i know that this topic has been discussed before but after a lot of reading i'm still not quite sure because theres lots of conflicting information.
I have several 10mg Morphine ER tablets as well as some Hydromorphone ERs 8 + 4mg. I have no tolerance and have never tried any opiates. I will absolutely not IV these pills so please don't say that thats the only way that isn't a waste. I'm pretty heavy (250lbs) so what would be a good recreational dose? Also, is there any way to deactivate or bypass the extended release or convert them to instant release? I really want to get the most out of these pills and don't want to waste them. Should I use the Morphine or go straight to the Hydromorphone since they're more potent, which are most euphoric?

Thanks in advance

Using morphine and considering my weight what dosage would i need if i want to really nod when plugging? And how about oral dosage? I snorted most and swallowed part of an 8mg hydro a few hours ago, i felt a little sedated but no euphoria or nodding.
keep in mind i only have extended release pills. Will crushing them deactivate the er mechanism?

Last edited:
Crushing Hydromorph capsules works but I don't suggest snorting them as they will clog up your nose. Grinding them does give you full dose at a time taken orally. I'm on 6mg hydromorph contin and when I started I would do 2 and i would be nodding. I am close to your weight. If 2 don't get you there in an hour take 2 more. I'm sure you could take 6 at least as I have over an evening. (Probably could take lots more but I use my opiates for pain only now and don't know how high you can go).

Crushing Hydromorph capsules works but I don't suggest snorting them as they will clog up your nose. Grinding them does give you full dose at a time taken orally. I'm on 6mg hydromorph contin and when I started I would do 2 and i would be nodding. I am close to your weight. If 2 don't get you there in an hour take 2 more. I'm sure you could take 6 at least as I have over an evening. (Probably could take lots more but I use my opiates for pain only now and don't know how high you can go).

Just to be clear, the 2 6mg you took were crushed right? Also, 12mg hydro would be equivalent to around 48mg morphine, correct? because i have less hydros than morphine available. That dose is safe right? I'd guess ODing from oral requires a very large amount
Since i'm very inexperienced with opiates, did the 8mg i took yesterday already build some tolerance, since i'm used to immediate tolerance from psychedelics, or does it take prolonged use?

Yes the 2 × 6mg hydros were crushed. I don't have any idea what it equals in morphine. Math is not my forte. I can only tell you that I have taken 2 × 6mg at a time. I've taken another an hour later. It depends how you want to feel. Give yourself time (days/weeks) between using and you will slow down the rate of tolerance. Also be prepared to be constipated. Lol but I'm serious! I'm suprised others haven't posted. There are people with far more knowledge than I.

Even using 3 days in a row will give you withdrawal symptoms (for me I get cranky, I'm tired, I hurt and my tolerance goes up, also diarrhea and nausea are possible too). You can snort them but they do clog your nose
I still do especially if i want to feel like I'm using/abusing a drug.

I haven't yet used again but it took some willpower. Even though it wasn't as euphoric as i wanted it was still pretty enjoyable and i have to moderate my use. I know myself and can't afford to lose control

Try setting some using rules for yourself. Like x amount of days between using. Once you know the amount you need to reach desired effects set a limit. Only use certain places or don't use in certain places etc... This way you will know if you start to use in a way you don't want to. Now I only use my prescribed amount but it's hard to not abuse them (beyond crushing them - my next thing to change as in take capsule no grinding). I wish you much luck my friend!

Thank you and i hope you stay strong too, i wanted to wait at least 2 more days but I'm strongly considering doing it today