• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Morphine ER - ROA, Dose, etc.

CorneliusDutchman

Greenlighter
Hello Bluelight!

So, I have been on Suboxone since Thanksgiving after heroin took over my life. I've changed a lot since then, and I know now that I have the self control to do something once and go back on the subs, as long as it is not heroin. I'm not looking for judgement here, so please keep replies to the topic of my question.

This question is, I am thinking about acquiring a 100mg Extended-Release Morphine tablet (Imprint: ABG 100 Strength: 100 mgColor: GrayShape: Round). The two areas I am curious is once I get the bupe out of my system, what sort of dose would get me a solid nod, but not knock me out? I have looked at threads on the forums but there are many conflicting reports.

My second question is what ROA is best? Plugging and IV are not options for me, so really it comes down to oral in insufflation.

If it helps, I am a 130 pound six foot male, and with no opiate tolerance a 30mg oxy hardly gets me high.

If it matters, I intend to take the coating off and use by pill grinder to crush up the pill, either to sniff or to put in capsules to swallow.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Regards,
Cornelius D

start crushing and eating 100mg w/acidic meal drink. should be nice. It takes a while to fully manifest(think 2 - 3 hours) do not dose more until then. Possibly eat nother half.

Exactly what cdin said, I have the 15 mg ER ABG Blues it takes literally 3-5 hours to hit you if you don't chew it . And if you take it you might think it's not working after 2 hours but that's just the ER don't take more until the 3-4 hour mark to be safe have fun man ! And I know what you mean about having control over pill form but not h I get you on that good luck

Yeah one 100mg sounds right if 30mg of oxy is not enough for a decent buzz, Oral ROA is better for morphine than Insufflation, so i would agree with the others that said chew it up and eat it. I would recommend an empty stomach for max effect. Have fun and Be safe!

regardless of the ROA you choose TAKE THE COATING OFF FIRST.
put it in your mouth for a few seconds and suck the grey smooth coating off w/ your tongue til you have a white pill left. then do what you wish w/ it. that coating is nothing but nastiness.
EDIT: sorry I have now read that you already intend to do that. good. carry on.
I cannot be of any help otherwise because I have only ever IVed these things.

It's morphine sulfate, it won't be as good as morphine HCl, and will be harsher on the stomach. Oral and plugging have about the same ba. 100mg is close to the equivalent of 2 30mg oxy.

- Hopeless 7nos

It can be tough to predict what dose you need of extended release vs. an instant release. I would crush it and put in a capsule,most of these ER formulations can be defeated by crushing the pill. I'm taking an ER oxy these days and I notice some variability from one opioid session to the next.