• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Morphine ER/MS Contin plugging ( need clarification)

Erkme0418

Greenlighter
I know this has been discussed 1,000 times, but most of what I read is from several years ago, and for every thread I find saying it's worth it, another one says its not, because if jelling.

So, SWIM just needs some straightforward answers to the basics. SWIM knows how to plug, understands the consideration that should be taken with dosing. However SWIM has never done so with an ER pill of any kind, and does not want to waste any pills.

SWIM has 60mg orange ABG morphine. SWIM wants to plug, but will it be possible to do so without the pills simply jelling and becoming unusable?

Crush, mix with water until dissolved, and then administer. Yes or no?

Last edited:
first of all no SWIMing on this site please, just use "I" or "me".

The gelling morphine pills suck to do anything with except swallow whole. If you plug them they will be slightly more effective but the gel will still greatly interfere with the absorption and process.

Ah right, old habits. Any how, I did a test with a small amount in water, which I just ingested with the rest of my dose for the night. Honestly, it didn't "gel" up what so ever. I was suprised. Very little effort crushing/chopping, so it did not dissolve as much as I would like it to, but in these situations 100% dissolution isn't really needed. I'm no IVer so the time release coating or whatever on these doesn't seem to be much of a problem. Next time, with proper crushing and chopping I think it should work just fine, at least a bit better than eating it. Although, I'm not clear on the chemistry of whether or not the absorption will take place efficiently regardless of how well the solution is prepared. I have only acquired these pills due to the loss of my ability to acquire my standard Norcos. Not sure yet if I like them enough though to stock up. Might just have to hold off until I find the next best thing. If so, I'll have to go pick up some sub strips from the local to get me through. I have been lucky enough in the past 4 years to avoid ever having to be sick outside of maybe 1 or 2 occasions. Soon though I will have my insurance back, and hopefully be able to continue with treatment of my disease rather than just self medicating for my symptoms. At age 30, having arthritis and no insurance is tough.

Also uh, I just noticed you happen to live in the same area as I do. If PMs are possible, perhaps you might accept my friend request so I can ask you a few questions? If not, oh well. I'm not going to cry about it.