• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Morphine er and oxycodone

Rusty Shackleford

Greenlighter
Chronic pain patient who has his own construction company after meeting with my doc while I'm on oxycodone 20 4 times a day which I often break down to 15 milligrams while working. I often need more than 4 doses I often break 3 20 milligram pills down into 4 15 milligram doses and for my last dose take a 20 even that way I struggle to have enough if I have to do emergency work etc .so my doc wants me to try morphine er 30 milligrams twice a day what I'm wondering is since all be on 30 mil of morphine twice a day shouldn't I be able to take less oxy while the morphine er is built up in my system has anyone been on morphine er and found they could take less oxy for the same effect I hopeing this is the case so my oxy will go farther for bad times I'll have extra thanks for any info

Id ask for something else, to be honest. Oral morphine has a HORRIBLE bioavailability. You'd be lucky, and I mean VERY lucky if you got 50% of that actual dose. And at that dose (30mg), it would be like taking an aspirin (if that) after it absorbed into your bloodstream, especially with your use of oxycodone.

The oral bioavailability of morphine is anywhere from 20%-50% and that's pushing it.

So you'd be getting around 6mg to 15mg after it absorbed. Not the full 30mg.

Stick with the Oxy or get something other than Morphine ER.

This is just my opinion.

Last edited:
I also suffer with chronic pain and there is nothing that works better for me than morphine.
30 mg MS Contin works well for 12 hours. It has a very good numbing effect.
I prefer taking it orally. I don’t know why people always say it is worthless and equals to like an aspirin.
It is a very good medication for pain.

It sounds like your doctor is going to let you have the oxycodone also.
Yes, the morphine will allow you to take way less oxycodone and get the same effect.
Probably a better effect.

Everyone is different, you have to find what works for you.
Good luck.

I also suffer with chronic pain and there is nothing that works better for me than morphine.
I prefer taking it orally. I don’t know why people always say it is worthless and equals to like an aspirin.

It sounds like your doctor is going to let you have the oxycodone also.
Yes, the morphine will allow you to take way less oxycodone and get the same effect.
Probably a better effect.

Everyone is different, you have to find what works for you.
Good luck.
I was in pain management myself and took up to 100mg of IR morphine and I can tell you 30-40mg of hydrocodone (which is weaker than oxycodone) worked much better, for me at least. It was damn near like taking an aspirin (because of the low bioavailability). That's why I equated it with taking one.

I was in pain management myself and took up to 100mg of IR morphine and I can tell you 30-40mg of hydrocodone (which is weaker than oxycodone) worked much better, for me at least. It was damn near like taking an aspirin (because of the low bioavailability). That's why I equated it with taking one.

No problem Chris. I wasn’t arguing with you brother. Different things work for different people, different conditions.
The time released MS Contin works well for me.

The instant release really made me go wacky. Lol. I didn’t like it.

I have head injury though and that might make the effects more pronounced for me.
I have heard many say the same as you.

I hope you are doing well Chris. I have been very proud of you!

second that.
it's my go-to (or hydromorphone) if i wanna splurge for a minute. it works for me and can get prescription. long lasting, "clean" and effective (more so than oxy or hydro IMO).

No problem Chris. I wasn’t arguing with you brother. Different things work for different people, different conditions.
The time released MS Contin works well for me.

The instant release really made me go wacky. Lol. I didn’t like it.

I have head injury though and that might make the effects more pronounced for me.
I have heard many say the same as you.

I hope you are doing well Chris. I have been very proud of you!
I wasn't either! lol was just telling you my experience :LOL: haha. Like you said, everyone is different.

And thank you, hope you are too! Been trying my best haha :)

Seems like you guys are the lucky ones! lol I definitely prefer morphine, just doesn't do shit for me (orally that is). Even at high doses. I could IV 20mg of pharma grade morphine and that would be perfect, but 100mg oral, would be crap lol Obviously they are different routes of administration, but you'd think 100mg would do something at least.

Last edited:
the morph i think is best suited to pain relief as opposed to buzzed. not sure if this is fact or just my experience.
if i wanna get buzzed i'd love to run across some real h but fu**in forget about that. ha may as well play the lottery and i wont do that...
even though i like hydromorphone er and get as much garbage as i can off it there is still the 12-24 hour pain relief... which i crave. i get the same effect from ir. unless of course i decide to not administer orally.

I dont understand how you guys get your doctors to prescribe any sort of narcotics. I just saw my 3rd pain management doc, and he said I'm obviously in a great deal of pain, and my MRI and different images look as if I have a back of a 60 year old (I'm 26), but painkillers are absolutely the wrong way for treating my conditions. He even went as far to say that it would be "immoral for doctors to give me pain medication".

I have no quality of life whatsoever and am not just going to sit around my house miserable all day, so instead I've been getting 30mg oxy for over a year now. I have probably spent close to 20 thousand dollars over the months. You guys should be so grateful that you have physicians that still care about helping their patients, and not worry about losing their liscense, or getting arrested.

I don't understand how you guys get your doctors to prescribe any sort of narcotics. I just saw my 3rd pain management doc, and he said I'm obviously in a great deal of pain, and my MRI and different images look as if I have a back of a 60-year-old (I'm 26), but painkillers are absolutely the wrong way for treating my conditions. He even went as far as to say that it would be "immoral for doctors to give me pain medication".

I have no quality of life whatsoever and am not just going to sit around my house miserable all day, so instead, I've been getting 30mg oxy for over a year now. I have probably spent close to 20 thousand dollars over the months. You guys should be so grateful that you have physicians that still care about helping their patients, and not worry about losing their license or getting arrested.
Brother, have you thought about switching to something cheaper? Jesus Christ, 20K is a shit ton of money. Oxy is extremely expensive on the streets (or even online).

For example, H or fentanyl?

Last edited:
Yeah dude, it's ridiculous. After a batch of pills I picked up a little while ago, I tested them, and they were positive for fent. It's kind of good because all I would take was like half a pill, and I would get good pain relief but I would throw up constantly on the fent pills.

I really want to avoid heroin if I can. I just dont want to get hardcore addicted to that if possible.

I had to quit my old job because it was too hard on my back, so now I'm a poker pro/sports better. I've been betting on sports and playing poker for awhile, but since I had to quit my job cause my back I decided to do this professionally and it has been pretty good, but of course, there are good months and bad months. (I did bet big when Durant went down against the rockets tho, lol) I bet Raptors to go all the way after they beat the magic, and kd was questionable to return.

Anyways though, it is pretty stressful that no doctor will prescribe me anything, and my income depends on gambling to pay the pills lol.

Trev! It is good to hear from you. I have been worried about you brother.
Did you try the Kratom?

It is not easy to get prescribed the medication. My doctor recently tried to change me to suboxone and was insisting on it until I found out my MRI shows brain injury and disease. I have had bad migraines since I was very young and found out those migraines have and are actually brain damaging me every time they happen.

I refused to let my doctor change my medication because I have never had this good of control over the headaches and that is a MUST! He also saw the need and did not give me a hassle. For now.
I tell you what, if you ever do get pain treatment, do not ever and I mean ever tell them you need a bit of an increase or ran out a few days early.

It is a struggle to get the prescription and then it is a struggle to get the pharmacy to fill it.
It figures I would have horrific pain at a time where people are being ridiculous about pain treatment.

I’m sorry to hear you had to give up your job, I did too.
Glad you found a way to make some money.
Stay away from the fentanyl my friend. Seriously. It is WAY stronger than heroin. You don’t want anything to do with fentanyl.