• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Morphine Dependent grhhhh

Toodlepip

Bluelighter
Not sure where to start! I’m a bit of a car crash lol

My name is Adele, I have a taste for morphine unfortunately! My GP is disrespectful towards me due to me not coping on my new lowered dose of zomorph
I’ve come here in the hope for some advice on how to make me live and not just function.
My dose dropped from 200mg twice a day to 60mg twice a day
I also take 300mg Pregabalin
I’ve been put on daily dose and forced to sign a contract for my meds
It’s a long story but I’ve had all my colin removed and two small bowel resections so not absorbing slow release morphine as it flys through me yuk I know “sorry”
I’m in a mess! I can’t cope I’m withdrawing all the time
How can I ever feel better! Silly me even went hunting for morphine on the internet! I got that bad! My relationship with my partner is suffering
I lay in bed daily
I used to do my hair and make up but these days I just look like a zombie
Please help me
I’m broken and very sad

Adele xxxx

Don't buy pills from the internet there's a good chance they are counterfeit and could contain a random amount of fentanyl which could kill you or cause to to fail a doctors drug test. I know you had some procedures that could effect absorption but keep in mind some of the newer brands of morphine and other opioids the empty shell of the pill will come out the other end making it seem like nothing got absorbed
Did you have your dose reduced pretty recently you could still adjusting to you lowered dose since it's a pretty big jump down. You you really feel that your medical issues are preventing you from absorbing your meds then you should try and see if your doctor can switch you to a different opioid that can be worn in a patch. Are you on any instant release opioids?

I never mentioned it was over a year from 200 to 100mg then 60mg twice a day
I’ve asked my GP to take me of morphine and give me something else. It’s not that I don’t like it cus I would increase my dose tomorrow with the pain I have.
I actually have a stoma bag so half of my taken away.
because I’ve been on 60mg for 6 months now I think my body is saying “more” all the times. I get about an hour of pain relief and that’s it since my taper

My dam GP forced me last week to sign an opiate contract. I’ve had two warnings as I wasn’t coping on my dose, but to throw me out after the third warning is cruel. I need support and help not disrespect
So I just need steaming in the right direct really

Hey @Toodlepip - I'll shoot this over to Health and Recovery where you'll get more support.

I'm so sorry you're going through this, but we're all ears and maybe can give you some of the ol' BL love.

Welcome to Bluelight!

fuck that sounds unbelievably harsh. i'm afraid i don't have any constructive advice but just wanted to say you are incredibly strong to be comping with all the medical stuff, and you deserve appropriate treatment.

have you looked into mindfulness based approaches to chronic pain to potentially complement your stnadard care?

Adele, I'm on oxy, I've gotten in the habit of taking mine sublingual. Some where a while back, I heard that pills had better bioavailability when mixed with ones spit. So I started leaving my pills under my tongue for as long as it took for them to dissolve. I did find it a better solution! Are you on extended release?

You’ve got a few options.. But first I’m curious, what constitutes “you not handling it well”?

So first it’d be best to increase bioavailability, unfortunately with morphine rectal is the only ROA better than oral. Other than that, IV which I don’t recommend. It sounds like rectal isn’t an option either.

Next would be sourcing opiates yourself. I highly suggest to NOT purchase Pharms online, as another poster said they are almost always counterfeit and usually fentanyl.

Kratom is usually the first place to look but if that isn’t cutting it then finding other ways like growing poppies.

-GC