• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Morphine after suboxone, how long to wait?

Poppymojo

Greenlighter
Hey guys! I don’t know why, but something’s wrong with my phone, and i can not search here for anything. I have a question, im on IV suboxone 1-3 mg a day for past 3 months, i have a morphine pill 60 mg extended release, that doesn’t matter, cause i’m gonna crush it and shoot it up, i haven’t took them for some time, when i did, they worked fine. My question - how long should i wait before IVing morphine to feel it’s full euphoric effects? today i took about 1 mg suboxone at 16:30 and something between 0.5-1 mg at 00:20, im out of suboxone, i’ll be able to get some after 3 days, but i really don’t wan’t to waste my only morphine pill. What’s your advice, guys? P.s. Don’t tell me to not to shoot up pills, i’m aware of dangers, still gonna do it!

Ooh this is a tough one. If I were you I'd be worried about the possibility of precipitated withdrawal when you take your subuxone in a few days from now. For that reason I personally wouldn't take the morphine within about a day or so of the subuxone.

I've never been on subuxone so I don't feel qualified to give a good answer on how long you should wait to get the full effect. Subuxone has a fairly long half life, similar to methadone. If it were methadone I'd probably wait a day, which would mean taking it on day 2. But it's not.

But yeah... I'm not sure other than that I wouldn't wanna be taking it shortly before your next subuxone.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Ooh this is a tough one. If I were you I'd be worried about the possibility of precipitated withdrawal when you take your subuxone in a few days from now. For that reason I personally wouldn't take the morphine within about a day or so of the subuxone.

I've never been on subuxone so I don't feel qualified to give a good answer on how long you should wait to get the full effect. Subuxone has a fairly long half life, similar to methadone. If it were methadone I'd probably wait a day, which would mean taking it on day 2. But it's not.

But yeah... I'm not sure other than that I wouldn't wanna be taking it shortly before your next subuxone.

Sorry I can't be more help.
Thank you, mate! Change of plans, i got 2 mg of suboxone today again, IVed them at 20:30 and i’ll be able to get it tomorrow, but i want to save it for days after tomorow, because i’m planing to take a trip to county side, i’d like to shoot morphine tomorrow, but im scared to waste it. So, please can anyone give advice? How long should i wait before IVing morphine?

Thank you, mate! Change of plans, i got 2 mg of suboxone today again, IVed them at 20:30 and i’ll be able to get it tomorrow, but i want to save it for days after tomorow, because i’m planing to take a trip to county side, i’d like to shoot morphine tomorrow, but im scared to waste it. So, please can anyone give advice? How long should i wait before IVing morphine?
At least a day after sub to feel it.

I'd still be way more scared of precipitated withdrawal. I wouldn't wanna waste morphine either, but personally I'd be far more scared of getting sick.

But the thought of being dope sick fills me with a terror that is unmatched by almost anything. :p

I'd still be way more scared of precipitated withdrawal. I wouldn't wanna waste morphine either, but personally I'd be far more scared of getting sick.

But the thought of being dope sick fills me with a terror that is unmatched by almost anything. :p
Man, that's y I'm getting clean. I'm sick of being anxious all the time, waiting for the sickness to start manifesting itself.

My bad, then 2 days u think would be enough?

Even at 1 day you might still feel the morphine even though not all the bupe has left the system. I've never taken bupe so I'm just not experienced enough to reliably guess how long you'd need to wait to reliably enjoy the morphine.

Soo, sorry but I just don't know. I have no personal experience using it with other drugs. I've always been on methadone not bupe. And methadone doesn't compete with other drugs for the receptors.

How did this end up turning out? Was it worth it or did it block all of the effects? And how long did you wait?

Hey guys! I don’t know why, but something’s wrong with my phone, and i can not search here for anything. I have a question, im on IV suboxone 1-3 mg a day for past 3 months, i have a morphine pill 60 mg extended release, that doesn’t matter, cause i’m gonna crush it and shoot it up, i haven’t took them for some time, when i did, they worked fine. My question - how long should i wait before IVing morphine to feel it’s full euphoric effects? today i took about 1 mg suboxone at 16:30 and something between 0.5-1 mg at 00:20, im out of suboxone, i’ll be able to get some after 3 days, but i really don’t wan’t to waste my only morphine pill. What’s your advice, guys? P.s. Don’t tell me to not to shoot up pills, i’m aware of dangers, still gonna do it!
So my friend just went through this. He shot 4mg of subutex and 3 hours later took hydrocodone and they worked. Apparently IV half life is only 2-3 hours. I'd wait at least 6 to be sure though. Oh and those ER morphine pills are horrible for your veins. Anything that's ER is much worse that IR shots.

"The terminal half-life ranges from three hours after intravenous administration to 28 to 37 hours after sublingual administration. It is unclear why there is such a difference in half life depending on the route of administration but this may be related to sequestring of buprenorphine in the oral mucosa."