• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Morning Glories for my psychedelic garden

The Calea tea tastes like chewing Zopiclone - fucking horrible. Too many cups of tea and rotten joints that did nothing.

I'll second the Cacti - San Pedro are easy to grow and you will soon have enough for tripping, just cut at the bottom and let more cacti grow. Peyote are a little more difficult and a hell of a lot longer wait for it to be ready.

I've grown morning glory but only got a few flowers and nothing else.

As long as we are chiming in about Calea, yeah as stated, even smoking it still had that bitter soap sud taste. I tried to use it as a base but couldn't. And forget drinking it.

Never tried heimia salicifolia. Sounds just as bitter. If something is that bitter for me it had better be above placebo.

I am going to plant some Morning Glories this year myself. I have some seeds I have had for a few years that would be put to good use planting them.

Try drinking cactus snot tea before you spend years growing it. The most likely outcome is taking one sip, biting off the long trail of disgusting tasting snot from your lips to the cup, then putting the cup down and saying "Fuck that". It's a bitter thing to do after spending hours preparing it - never mind growing it.

I drank a LOT of Calea Zacatechichi tea, and smoked a lot of it as a herb. Not sure what possessed me to do it, since it really was every bit as vile as you all describe, and it did very little for me at first.... but eventually it produced the single most profound drug experience I've ever had. Not sure if this is where I should be posting that story but I'm about ready to try to write about it again, if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears as I really want to share this story here.

IDK, maybe I should just post it here and let mods move it as they see fit?

I drank a LOT of Calea Zacatechichi tea, and smoked a lot of it as a herb. Not sure what possessed me to do it, since it really was every bit as vile as you all describe, and it did very little for me at first.... but eventually it produced the single most profound drug experience I've ever had. Not sure if this is where I should be posting that story but I'm about ready to try to write about it again, if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears as I really want to share this story here.

IDK, maybe I should just post it here and let mods move it as they see fit?

Interesting I’d like to hear more..

-GC

UPDATE: I've made this into it's own trip report, linked here

OK I'm just going to start writing and see where I get... this is hard for me to describe sometimes, even though I've done it a thousand times. If it needs to be moved so be it and my bad.

I started experimenting w Calea Z. around age sixteen. I got a quarter-pound of it from a co-worker who introduced me to smoking weed out of a bong, among other things. He said it was good for dream recall and I was actively training myself to become an active dreamer. Journals were always hard for me, but I tried lots of the common techniques. Visualization, reality-checks, meditation, and eventually I decided dream herbs. I did a quick google and didn't find much so I went ahead. I remember reading on Wikipedia at the time about how a tribe in the Oaxaca region of Mexico used it for 'divination' - a term I had associated with confirmation bias or deception. I didn't think much of it.

At first the effects were subtle. I smoked a lot of weed at the time (still do haha) so that may have been counterproductive, but at any rate I like most people decided it was gross and bitter and not worth my time. I put it in a drawer and forgot about it for a while. Eventually I decided to give it a try again, and I was using it every night. I was starting to practice meditation and had been experimenting a lot with LSD and mushrooms. Anyway, I kept taking it, both tea and smoke - sometimes with cannabis and sometimes without - and then I'd go lay in bed and meditate.

I just kinda choked it down, sometimes with lots of stevia and occasionally sugar and sometimes without. It always made me wretch a bit, but I kept at it for some reason, determined to get some benefit from it. Initially all I noticed was a subtle increase in dream vividness. Eventually though, this grew into lucid awakenings. I was really happy with my progress, stoked to finally be having dream-induced lucid dreams, so I kept on with my nightly ritual. That isn't the weird part though....

Eventually, I came to start to notice a peculiar effect in my waking life. A sense of.... I didn't know yet. It was a feeling, just outside of my realm of conscious thought. Like when there's a word on the tip of your tongue, or when you can't quite name something but think you understand what it is. That feeling was a welling sense of familiarity, but I didn't realize it at first. Initially what stood out was the sense of 'importance'. IDK how else to word it,it was like I'd be relaxed and suddenly get this sense of urgent wakefulness. I'd look around and think about what was transpiring around me to see if I could figure out what was causing this, but I couldn't make sense of it for months. Eventually that changed, and I'll never forget the first time I realized it was familiarity.

I was sitting in a basement in Victoria BC, exhaling a bong hit watching the smoke swirl mixing with the dust in the beams of sunlight coming over my shoulder through the blinds, and I remember thinking to myself 'hey that looks familiar... I've seen that exact swirl before..... IN A DREAM!" - and at that moment a few things happened. I suddenly understood the feeling of urgency was accompanied by a sense of familiarity, only my logical mind started doing backflips trying to make sense of it all. On one hand, I had never lived this moment before, but on the other hand I was now clearly remembering the smoke and dust swirling together in front of me. I looked around, desperate to break the chain of cognitive confirmation that was taking place. Everything I looked at just increased the sense of accuracy and affirmed that I had indeed done this before.

So... at the time, I was nowhere near equipped to handle that experience. I thought I had 'done too much acid' and maybe 'broken my brain', and by this point I'd told my friends all about it and they were looking at me like I was acting crazy. I actually spent a long time convinced I was 'going crazy' for lack of better words, because I didn't expect that to happen or understand anything resembling why it might have happened. It took me /years/ and a lot of help from friends over IRC to find and understand some studies on Calea Zacatechichi to try to piece together an idea of what may have happened. I still don't know, but this didn't just happen once, it would continue to take place often, sometimes many times a day for years after I ceased my use of C. Zacatechichi.

OK, so there's some study that found that C. Zacatechichi caused in cats a 'dissociative action' in a 'multi-unitary formation' in the basolateral amygdala. I've come to understand that part of the brain to be implicated in many things, including some aspects of governing wake/sleep cycles and flagging information as important or otherwise. This all takes place pre-cognitively, I think.... I'm no expert, in-fact I have no formal education. However, as I understand it, this multi-unitary formation (webby structure) in the basolateral amygdala is somehow used to consolidate various sensory modalities in our brain. We seem to encode 'time' in a relative sense, in memories in part by the relative order of sensory information.

I read somewhere (text box on the left) that "The reticular formation consists of a disorganized network of neural fibres with the neurons’ cell bodies scattered inside of it. Through collateral connections, this structure receives information from all of the sensory modalities. When all of these different kinds of information converge on a single neuron in the reticular formation, they lose the specificity of their origin and acquire the non-specific property of activating the excitatory neurons of the wakefulness network. "

so... uh... I know I may be doing 'bad science' here but I don't know better. I hope someone here does. My theory is that my extended use (over 10 months daily use) of C. Zacatechichi caused a dissociative action in the part of the brain responsible for encoding an aspect of time in memories. This somehow caused those 'memory banks' to lose specificity of point of origin and in doing so created a persisting (for years, not any more tho) cognitive illusion indistinguishable from 'magic/divination/time-travel'.

I'm fairly certain I could recreate the effect for study if it was ethically and in any other way viable.

I'm about to turn 29 and no longer have these experiences, though I did for years and years after I stopped using the dream herb. I left out a lot about my personal experience feeling like I was going insane and later coming to accept that it was probably just some form of brain damage. That was weird, ngl.

Happy to fill in details and answer any questions about my experience as best I can! I'm excited to be finally talking about this again, and able to do so calmly. It is hard to overstate the impact this experience had on my life growing up. I wasn't exaggerating when I said it was the single most profound drug experience I have ever had.

Last edited:
Eventually, I came to start to notice a peculiar effect in my waking life. A sense of.... I didn't know yet. It was a feeling, just outside of my realm of conscious thought. Like when there's a word on the tip of your tongue, or when you can't quite name something but think you understand what it is. That feeling was a welling sense of familiarity, but I didn't realize it at first. Initially what stood out was the sense of 'importance'. IDK how else to word it,it was like I'd be relaxed and suddenly get this sense of urgent wakefulness. I'd look around and think about what was transpiring around me to see if I could figure out what was causing this, but I couldn't make sense of it for months. Eventually that changed, and I'll never forget the first time I realized it was familiarity.

I was sitting in a basement in Victoria BC, exhaling a bong hit watching the smoke swirl mixing with the dust in the beams of sunlight coming over my shoulder through the blinds, and I remember thinking to myself 'hey that looks familiar... I've seen that exact swirl before..... IN A DREAM!" - and at that moment a few things happened. I suddenly understood the feeling of urgency was accompanied by a sense of familiarity, only my logical mind started doing backflips trying to make sense of it all. On one hand, I had never lived this moment before, but on the other hand I was now clearly remembering the smoke and dust swirling together in front of me. I looked around, desperate to break the chain of cognitive confirmation that was taking place. Everything I looked at just increased the sense of accuracy and affirmed that I had indeed done this before.

I don't know if you're around or not, but well,
something similar happent to me but it was the opposite way, that "importance" and "familiar deja-vu" like feeling happent to me during a lucid dream. It was incredibly potent and mind-shattering to the point that I created my "own" hypothesis/theory about dreams, that surely wouldn't be accepted by most people but that feeling alone appeared as an phenomenological-evidence of certainty.
It would be very difficult and polemic to explain here but you can probably imagine how mind-bending that could be. The deja-vu feeling was in relation to another dream I remember just there, looking to a part of the dreamscape. In that moment the dream gain lucidity to a completely real-like experience. I was going round and round that place for like 30 minutes or more, and when I went out I had almost total recollection of everything.
Strangely enough I think I didn't take anything special during those days.
I didn't have any good experience yet with calea (the taste is just too much for me to take more than 3 days in a row). The day that I drank more was a bit psychedelic, my senses and time-conscience parameters changed quite a bit and had some hypnagogic meditative images.

I woulk like sow some "heavenly blues.Saw some pretty big wines on the houses.And here the winters are cold and snowy.May be some freeze-resistingbsort,but morning glories thrive well here

I woulk like sow some "heavenly blues.Saw some pretty big wines on the houses.And here the winters are cold and snowy.May be some freeze-resistingbsort,but morning glories thrive well here
I lived in Kansas and while I was there saw dead morning glories about 5 foot tall that was clinging to a fence. That's about all you need in 1 season to produce 2000 seeds. Check out my profile about LSA I grew some Morning Glories(HB) in a big ol pot and it gave me more seeds than I knew what to do with, it have me about 800 in the first 6 months and the following 6 months it gave me another 1200. It should be noted that I've moved and am in a tropical/desert climate now so they pretty much have a year & longer lifespan out here. The one I had in a 5 gallon was shooting out new growth after I had it for a year but I didn't get to see what happened to it cause I went away and when I came back it was torn up by the root during the moving of my stuff.

Also look into overwintering it with synthetic lighting if you live in a cold climate.

What kind of winter is Kansas?Yee prefer outdoor.may be till the vine is small -in pot in the house at winters&lately acomodate it for outdoor

What kind of winter is Kansas?Yee prefer outdoor.may be till the vine is small -in pot in the house at winters&lately acomodate it for outdoor
You just don't want them getting exposed to a low temperature. I remember mild southern California winters killing some of the first morning glories I had. And just cause they die and lose all their leaves doesn't mean they're gone for good, they will have new growth in springtime that's why it's important to move your plants indoors once it starts getting cold enough for them to wilt or not be able to handle it. I got a 40$ two foot LED grow light from home depot that would be perfect to set up over the winter so you could bring back a possibly more vigorous grower during the following spring when it's showing new growth and it is warm enough to go outside. A good way to test if a plant is still alive after a good frost is to scratch near the root with your nail or something and see if it's sill fleshy and_or green.