Morning Fun -- Error 403

Nicomorphinist

Bluelighter
I actually am intimately familiar with the programming, software, and networking reasons for it happening this way, but I thought I would comment on how if one is trying to read the board during the very swift maintenance that is required here as on all boards, a generic HTTP Error 403, Forbidden, pops up. The first time even I saw that, I have to admit it was quite a heart-pumper, sort of like opening one's mailbox and finding a snake in it. The exact name of the resource-configuration file for this particular constellation of software escapes me, but is there some more explanatory text which can be configured for the 403 -- or is it left as is for those who get it when they are truly verboten?

Hmm, there used to be a nice little explanation that BL was temporarily offline for maintenence (at every 3am EST/7am UTC/8am GMT/12am PST).

There should be a screen the site flips to which indicates we are under temporary maintenance. This is if we do maintenance the planned way. There is still a chance for an issue on the server which is unplanned and delivers a 403. These 403 errors should be very rare as we move forward utilizing the proper procedure to display our 'maintenance' screen when we need to do our work. For planned downtime, we will always try to give our members some advance notice whenever possible (like, at least 20 seconds).

I post this for all who read the thread and may be curious, expecting Nico and a few others will already know this.