• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

More of an uplifting one now!!! whos proud of themselves!?

PsychStryda

Greenlighter
Just as the title suggests this post is more on the happy side, who's happy with themselves? Who out there knows they've done well and is proud of it? What techniques did you use to help yourself?

I'm two weeks clean of using cocaine (past two weeks was only a half gram on each Friday) and I turned it down tonight when it was literally handed on a plate to me! For no reason at all other than knowing I didn't want it and didn't need it!! And that's good for me, anyone with experienc of a drug problem would understand how hard it is to turn it down especially when there's no apparent reason to turn it down! And how hard it is to say no to the number one thing you crave in this life

I've been hitting gym for the past 4 weeks 6 days a week which I think really helped me and gave me something to look forward to (and tire me out!) at the end of a working day

After quitting drinking 4 weeks ago I feel I have a lot more energy an enthusiasm for life in general I mean I never thought I got hangovers until I stopped and realised I actually had a hangover every day and the sluggish can't be arsed attitude was a part of my life but it just didn't register because I was so used to it until I stopped and realised life feels more bright and happy when you have totally clear head.

Also I have not got into any trouble with the police or family or any violence for way over three months now since I stopped involving myself in bad people

Life's looking good so far and I feel better than ever but I want to hear your stories what makes you feel like your doing well and what can you be proud of ?

Wow, how awesome to hear you turned down that offer. Congratulations and keep on truckin! That just goes to show what we are capable of, if we put forth an honest effort. How we choose to live is on us. No more excuses for me!! I often get caught up in self-pity due to my cravings.. and it's bullshit. Way to take charge of your life and recovery. You are an inspiration!

Today is day 5 off Heroin for me...for that I am proud.

*cheers* Here's to a new life, a better life..and hoping neither of us ever return to the horror of drug addiction!!! Remember, we never have to use again <3

Congrats guys! I have been off heroin and crack for I guess what is approaching a year now. I know the last time i scored on while on methadone it was snowing out which means it must have been in February (north east US) I dont know exact dates but yeah my life has improved so much that 12 months ago I would never have believed it if i could see the future i would have thought it was a lie, there is no way my life would improve this much in just a year.

Tomorrow marks me dropping another 2mg of methadone down to 8mg a day. The exit date is something like 2/24 and to be honest i can not wait i only take the methadone now because i need it to sleep at night most sundays i forget to take my take home and then dont really sleep that well. But in a mere 12 months i went from a daily IV heroin using "occasional crack smoker" To crazy weed smoking now down to a normal amount of weed where anyone else would consider it to be average, one smoke at night 2-3 hours before bed.

It may take a while but life will improve dramatically. It took me about 10-12 months to start making real friends again, now i even have well 2 new friends but they dont do hardcore drugs! Its cool i keep getting more and more distance from needles and heroin until i will literally have a life that people go "no way that guy was a junkie he must be lying" :)

Its all about knowing that you are better for hard experiences and the only things that improve you seem difficult or impossible that is how we grow as people.

Great willpower on turning coke down man, also on quitting everyday drinking. Ark good job on 5 days but you dont have to "never use again" because you can use without being addicted in moderation like alchohol. Szuko do u want to smoke more or just dont do it to stay average? Because you could probably smoke 3 times a day and still be average, but the 1 smoke is probably best for keeping tolerance low

Szuko do u want to smoke more or just dont do it to stay average? Because you could probably smoke 3 times a day and still be average, but the 1 smoke is probably best for keeping tolerance low

Well I like to be productive and weed takes that from me in a sense, my desire for critical thinking stops. What I should have said is "i am finally at what would be perceived as a relaxing at the end of the day amount, rather then a multiple time a day endeavor which it was in high school for me" I know plenty of people that smoke all day and what I should have worded it as is, I always liked it as a night cap not an activity for the day time. Its purely a personal choice but getting there was still difficult.

Great willpower on turning coke down man, also on quitting everyday drinking. Ark good job on 5 days but you dont have to "never use again" because you can use without being addicted in moderation like alchohol. Szuko do u want to smoke more or just dont do it to stay average? Because you could probably smoke 3 times a day and still be average, but the 1 smoke is probably best for keeping tolerance low

You are absolutely right! What I meant was our drug of choice!