• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Moonrocks?

red100s

Greenlighter
I've seen a lot of pics of "moon rocks" on instagram and elsewhere. i know its pretty much just a good nug dipped in cannabis oil
and then dipped in keef. have any of y'all ever tried it? whats it like?

It's messy as a god damn mother fucking shitnado in the eye of a shitticane.

When you smoke what doesn't end up on your hands, though? Heaven, baby... we're talkin' Heaven.

Cheaper to make your own. Shops inflate the price so much compared to the basic ingredients involved-- even if you buy them all separately from a shop and just make a shit-ton of moonrocks.

...Granted, I haven't set foot in a completely legal state in about 2 years now, so things may've changed but I don't think that's the case on this one.

we call it caviar in Colorado

that is, the weed version of "moonrocks", not the PCP crack version

i guess funkadelic (the band) used to do it.

Jesus.... Maybe... nah..... but maybe.... maybe they were onto something?

we call it caviar in Colorado

that is, the weed version of "moonrocks", not the PCP crack version

I originally heard it called caviar too. It seems moonrocks have taken over as the vernacular, though, and that probably has something to do with that one rapper coming out with his own brand. I think it was Kurupt? idk, can't remember who exactly.

Jesus.... Maybe... nah..... but maybe.... maybe they were onto something?

I originally heard it called caviar too. It seems moonrocks have taken over as the vernacular, though, and that probably has something to do with that one rapper coming out with his own brand. I think it was Kurupt? idk, can't remember who exactly.

I don't smoke crack, never have. trust me if I did I would be the first to wet it up.

Yeah, "Kurupt's Moon Rocks" is the original brand. I think the competing brand is "Caviar Gold."

Nasty shit imo. Moonrocks are better than Caviar but it all smokes like shit--just smolders and never really properly smokes.

Yeah, "Kurupt's Moon Rocks" is the original brand. I think the competing brand is "Caviar Gold."

Nasty shit imo. Moonrocks are better than Caviar but it all smokes like shit--just smolders and never really properly smokes.

Which is why you have to break it down, but that gets half the product on your hands so it's like what the fuck is the point.

But still, though, when you get it broken down enough to burn decently in a bong that shit is lovely, but it's always had a chemical-ish taste... not like it's been fucked with, but the way some real potent sour diesel-esque bud tastes/smells, it's like that but amped up a few levels. I always chalked that up to the oil but I honestly don't know wtf it's about.

hahaha this got side tracked quick real quick

agreed. probably the one thing i would never try in my life, or meth and heroion fuck dat
fuck crack

Last edited by a moderator:
i guess funkadelic (the band) used to do it.

now it makes a lot more sense.

i wondered what sorta drugs George and the gang would be doing. i've seen George casually talk about smoking crack with his wife and taking 'all da acid'. didn't peg them for PCP but after seeing James Brown.. who knows..

BEst way to do a moonrock is to freeze it (yes, in the freezer), which solidifies it, and then with a knife you cut it in two, put the side with kiff up and the part with only nug down in a bong, and when heating you do it by putting the lighter on it for 1-2 secs at a time taking small hits, first melting the wax/kiff into the nug, then take a good hit applying the lighter for 2-3 secs. IMO.

Edit: was=> wax

BEst way to do a moonrock is to freeze it

giphy.gif

....Brilliant!

(^^that gif^^ was almost exactly my reaction as I read your post, man)

Yep, the last time I picked some up at the store was years ago so I'm not a caviar/moonrock connoisseur by any means. I did make my own several years ago but it was whatever.

I'd be careful getting moonrocks on the street it's easy to use the buds you made the Keef with or even using blasted weed.. just puts all the thc on the outside lol. Just roll up with some wax