• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Mood swings/Increase and decrease of euphoria with vyvanse

goodtimes72

Greenlighter
I have tried my best to search for help in search engines, but have not had any luck to help my problem. I take vyvanse about once every other month for recreational purposes, usually at 30mg but never over 50mg. My complaint is that whenver I take it, I always end up having sudden increases of euphoria and then it will completely vanish and I'll end up irritated. This kind of goes in a cycle until I come down from the drug. My question is if there is any way I can help ease this problem this problem or prevent. The other negative side effects I can handle, such as loss of appetite, insomnia (If taken later in the day) and minor jaw clenching. Let me be clear though, the positives of taking vyvanse definitely out way the negatives for me, I'm just hoping that there is some way I can rid these so called "mood swings."

Additional Information: I also enjoy weight lifting while on vyvanse. I know this might not be the best on my heart, but it significantly helps as far as motivation goes. I also have a pretty high tolerance to caffeine, not sure if that plays a part.

How do you describe euphoria? Also how long does this euphoric feeling last? It seems perfectly logical to feel irritated once that sense of well being dissipates but perhaps youre defining euphoria differently.

By euphoria, I mean just an overall feeling of positivity. Like everything is great and my mind is filled with positive thoughts and motivation. It just seems weird this euphoria comes and then goes away and is followed by irtibility and then that fades and the euphoria comes back. This euphoria to irtibility cycle lasts for about 4 hours or so.

I am having the same problem !!! I think it's triggering bi-polar ultra rapid cycling in me ! Was never diagnosed with bi-polar . I added trileptal it stopped the dysphoria but alsp reduced the ephoria. I read somewhere that because due to low serotonin and dextroamphetamine has some reducing serotonin effect, though I don't feel this is culprit. If you find a fix please report back .