• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

"Mono" Vs. Propylene Glycol

elviswearsnikes

Greenlighter
Just a query...

Is Mono Polythene Glycol (PG) the standard form of PG that can be used in volumetric measurements or dissolving substances that are insoluble in water.

I have also <b> heard </b> accounts of people using PG intravenously as a medium for substances that are not soluble in water. For example, many of the benzodiazepines. (I understand that the BA is virtually the as the oral or sublingual route, and many have said that this is no worth the effort or risk)

So, my questions are: is Mono PG the same as the PG that is used in volumetric measurements and dissolving water-insoluble substances. But also if PG can be ingested orally safely.

And, also, theoretically, can PG be administered intravenously as a medium for a substance dissolved in PG.

Help much appreciated.

Stay bless...

Pete

Last edited:
There are Injection Grade PG available and plenty of 'roidheads use it as a medium to IM their steroids etc. they use. It is safe to IV too.

However there are plenty of other grades available such as Commercial Grade which is not made for injecting because it is not done and bottled in pharmaceutical lab and may even contain something else which could be harmful.

Thanks for the very informative imformation...

Just one more questions is mono propylene glycol similar to polyethylene glycol... And can it be ingested or IV'ed the same way that most of the PG that mensured in many of the posts here and in the literature?

Kind Regards

Petrelli

Damn I misread your question as you used abbreviation of PG which is used for Propylene Glycol and not for Polyethylene Glycol. Those are different and Polyethylene Glycol is the one used in antifreezes etc. and Propylene Glycol is used medical field for example injecting substances not soluble to water as well as other uses.

Ethylene glycols are harmfull no matter if it is poly or similar although poly ethylene glycol (=PEG) has been used in a field of medical science as a repairing agent for neuron motors and even as a "glue" in head transplant experiments done to chimpanzees.

Mono propylene glycole is the one that can be injected and no one should inject or digest Polyethylene Glycol as it is harmfull.