• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Monkey water harm reduction

BurnedAliveUndead

Bluelighter
So basically I'm looking for some advice on the title. I've been using monkey water basically by prepping it like a shot and then putting it into a nasal sprayer, using like this for a couple years now. I've been trying to become more informed about the degradation and bacteria growth aspects of using like this. It looks like I'm okay on the degradation front as far as mixing up for just a few days at a time. So obviously my worry now is bacteria growth. Thing is I have old bottles laying around and I've never seen/smelled anything even in the very old ones. Always just resembles bth residue with expected scents.
For clarification the longest these sprayers last is usually about a month before they're too gunked up and have to use a new one, I haven't been cleaning them in between mixtures, although I will be now, basically just hoping that adding the near boiling mixture kills whatever is in the sprayer.
Have I just been getting lucky? Is the process of cooking up the dope helping the lack of bacteria. I also use hot water from my filtered water dispenser(seriously doubt that has any bacteria to contribute). Any harm reduction advice on this method would be greatly appreciated.

I honestly havent heard of this but I think one way to do it would be to treat it like needles. Fresh sterile water every time dose by dose.

What is monkey water?
found this

Maybe just do lines. That could be a method of harm reduction, I think. Of youre mixing the water and letting it sit that could get pretty gross.

All in all, sterile water fresh every dose or do lines is my final answer. Maybe someone else whos mre familiar could chip in.

Have I just been getting lucky? Is the process of cooking up the dope helping the lack of bacteria. I also use hot water from my filtered water dispenser(seriously doubt that has any bacteria to contribute). Any harm reduction advice on this method would be greatly appreciated.

Your body naturally has defenses in the nasal cavity against bacteria, you breathe it in all day long.

The best thing you're doing is using it as a nasal spray / mist to easily transfer through nasal mucosa instead of trying to insufflate water.

As far as water, use cold tap water - never hot. Unless you have BTH or need to use heat to help the drug dissolve, then I wouldn't recommend trying to cook it, either. What you could do, however, is boil cold tap water and then use that.

As far as using it for more than a day, that would be the biggest concern.

Hydrolysis will turn your heroin into morphine if left in water over time.
this will obviously reduce the potency of your water and opiate solution heroin is50-100% stronger than morphine.

Appreciate the replies guys, yes the hot water is because its bth. I will be trying to make the mixtures last strictly around 24 hours from now on as that seems like the best bet. By cooking up, I simply meant how people bring it to a boil in a spoon, then filter through cotton. Of course my mixture is going into a sprayer, not a needle. Also lol at urban dictionary saying it leads to horrible pain, I've snorted the tar by itself before(powdered) and that was pain, this is more of a slight burn and thats pretty uncommon when using steady.

Last edited: