View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Moldy Rotten Cactus Extract

:^)

Greenlighter
Hey guys, haven't been able to get an answer on this so hopefully someone has some insight.

If one were to have an amount of sliced cactus that (oh so sadly) had experienced molding/rotting to the point that recovery of unmoldy/unrotten parts was unpractical, would performing an extraction render the final product safe? I can't imagine the alkaloids being affected in such a scenario. Specifically, does anyone have ideas on whether an IPA extraction would be useful? Experiences? I'll likely err on the side of caution but figured I'd see what anyone had to say.

Last edited:
I ate some moldy cactus like 3 days ago and have been shitting nonstop since. I tried brewing a tea using an eletric stove using a pot that i didn't know had 'hot spots'. So what i did was is pour the slop in a cheese cloth,strain and yeilded a shot glass worth. So the next day i rolled the cactus gunk on a cookie sheet and cut into squares and ate it all square by square. Omg what an experience! I didn't trip unaforently.
Currently i'm brewing some tea as we speak, well i have been brewing the cactus juice for the past 24hrs in a ceramic crock pot on the lowest setting. I've been checking on ig, and stiring it every so often. During all this i havnt seen a single 'bubble' from it boiling, so glad the tea hasnt made it that far because i do not want to lose any of the 'feel good' in the process.

The epicness has been cooling off so when my parents go to bed you bet your ass i'm going to strain it.

Last edited:
Hey guys, haven't been able to get an answer on this so hopefully someone has some insight.

If one were to have an amount of sliced cactus that (oh so sadly) had experienced molding/rotting to the point that recovery of unmoldy/unrotten parts was unpractical, would performing an extraction render the final product safe? I can't imagine the alkaloids being affected in such a scenario. Specifically, does anyone have ideas on whether an IPA extraction would be useful? Experiences? I'll likely err on the side of caution but figured I'd see what anyone had to say.

That`s an interesting question. Would an IPA extraction be enough to eliminate the toxins produced by fungus/bacteria? I don't know, but an A/B extraction would be more likely to achieve that.
To be sure I guess we would need to know which kind of contamination it is and what is the toxin produced by it.

I ate some moldy cactus like 3 days ago and have been shitting nonstop since. I tried brewing a tea using an eletric stove using a pot that i didn't know had 'hot spots'. So what i did was is pour the slop in a cheese cloth,strain and yeilded a shot glass worth. So the next day i rolled the cactus gunk on a cookie sheet and cut into squares and ate it all square by square. Omg what an experience! I didn't trip unaforently.
Currently i'm brewing some tea as we speak, well i have been brewing the cactus juice for the past 24hrs in a ceramic crock pot on the lowest setting. I've been checking on ig, and stiring it every so often. During all this i havnt seen a single 'bubble' from it boiling, so glad the tea hasnt made it that far because i do not want to lose any of the 'feel good' in the process.

The epicness has been cooling off so when my parents go to bed you bet your ass i'm going to strain it.

I don't think you have to brew it so slowly. Mescaline is pretty resistant to heat and I don't think it would degrade if you boil it on high, or would it?

That`s an interesting question. Would an IPA extraction be enough to eliminate the toxins produced by fungus/bacteria? I don't know, but an A/B extraction would be more likely to achieve that.
To be sure I guess we would need to know which kind of contamination it is and what is the toxin produced by it.

I don't think you have to brew it so slowly. Mescaline is pretty resistant to heat and I don't think it would degrade if you boil it on high, or would it?

Well, i've researched the living hell out of san p. (after i made a thread about preparing it 'quick', and what i read from sites such as nexus,shroomery,drugs.com and bluelight is high temps can destroy the mescaline. Taking pre-cautions this goround i decided to try with a ceramic crockpot on low setting, i'm feeling good about it because like i mentioned before i havnt seen a single bubble. It just looks as if i have had some stew in a crockpot all day, and it smells half decent(since i hand squeezed a lemon in the mix.

I'm guessing if the op were to freeze the cactus it would stop the molding process, and might make it easyer to scrape that shit off while its still frozen.

I'm not sure how moldy it is lol, can you show us a picture :^)?

Mould can make all sorts of wierd chemicals as secondary metabolites... don't extract mouldy cactus.