• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Moderate and recreational use without getting into trouble

ToroRoma71

Greenlighter
Hello all.

I am curious if anyone has thoughts on recreation use without going through issues of addiction.

I started taking Kratom two years ago and I wasn't really aware of addictive qualities until I was hooked. I went off it a year ago and would be interested in adding it back in at a more responsible rate.

I have also played with Poppy pod tea and Tramadol. I know that PPT is very dangerous so I only do one dose every two weeks. I have been alternating one week a dose of Tramadol and one week a dose of PPT. I find that for 2 days I feel like shit with Tramadol and should consider taking it out of the routine completely.

Anyone enjoy these types of things recreationally with the same intention of not getting hooked? Anyone have a schedule for these types of things?

Thanks in advance.

How did the kratom get you? Did you start infrequently and slowly escalate? If so, Id expect the same with tramadol and PST.

You may be able to get away with once weekly dosing, but seems risky to slip and take closer and closer days. Id say once every couple weeks to try and retain the good without the bad taking over.

For me tramadol was not a rec drug. The only good thing about it was the drip reminded me of better drugs in taste but symptom wise all it did was buy some tile to ward of being dopesick. And I agree weekly will lead downhill fast. It's the only ideal at special occasions (my birthday, New Years, etc not oh it's Groundhog Day time to get blasted)z much more turns into weekends which starts adding days and when the days are full then the hours fill up.

The slang term for this is called "chipping". While some are able to chip, the vast majority of us can only chip for so long, before we justify using more frequently. Then once a person's brain has been "wired" for addiction, they fall into the trap much faster and easier than the time before. Opiates feel too damn good to only use occasionally, also people use them as coping mechanisms, so youre running for a fix, at the first sign of adversity.

I will say you have a better chance at chipping with kratom, than heroin though. As far as tramadol goes, imo this opioid shouldnt even be prescribed. The adverse ssri components, far outweigh its minute analgesic effects.

- SS373dOH soul

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I understand your points and how the brain works and have seen that thinking in myself. So can I assume that you all either obtain or have daily habits?

I have never taken Tramadol, but I've taken Dihydrocodeine.

My rule is to NOT use it more than once a month. Plus I also keep 3-4 months "clean".

As the posters above mentioned, using it once a week won't lead directly to a physical addiction, but it will very likely lead to a psychological addiction which will then result in an increase in frequency of usage etc...

Last edited:
TAVOR is correct. And PPT is extremely unsafe and unreliable as you know, I would suggest, if you are going to continue on your path of opiate abuse, to just stick to tram and Kratom. Tramodol is a super weak opioid imo so as long as you space the doses out evenly and CONSISTENTLY, without EVER taking a dose too soon for any reason, you should be okay. Taking opiates on a consistent basis for recreation is just basically asking for addiction, but if you feel you can do it, then go for it.

I certainly wouldn't trust myself with opiates like that, knowing me. Good luck!