• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[modded] What drugs to avoid in company of people on mushrooms?

Justin1j2j3j4

Greenlighter
So my friends are all going to take shrooms. Unfortunately however I do not like the feeling I get from shrooms as I always feel really depressed and uncomfortable. I want to hang out with them then but I want to take a drug. I don't want to take a drug that will cause me to act in a way that will completely clash with their experience. So I'm wondering what *drugs to avoid* while my friends are taking shrooms?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's against Bluelight's EULA to ask for drug recommendations. If you're sensitive to 'shrooms' (psilocin), then what makes you think that other drugs that do (pretty much) exactly the same thing would be different?

Oh I'm sorry I was just asking what drugs would be a bad mix to take in company of people on shrooms and what would be okay around people on shrooms. I wasn't thinking psychedelics necessarily. I was thinking some other type.

Oh I'm sorry I was just asking what drugs would be a bad mix to take in company of people on shrooms and what would be okay around people on shrooms. I wasn't thinking psychedelics necessarily. I was thinking some other type.

There are other hallucinogens besides 'serotonergics'. Look up 'dissociatives'. DXM, Ketamine, or PCP could be something if you want to have hallucinations. The experience differs greatly from things like LSD and Shrooms, at least from what I've read. If that's not desirable for you, then you should look into uppers and entactogens.

Molly (if it's real MDMA) would probably fit nicely with those who are taking hallucinogens. Always test Molly pills however. Because there are some chemicals that are deadly that are found in mollies. MDMA is the drug you want. If you can't find it, the consensus I've seen online is that Methylone is the next best. Followed closely by Mephedrone. 5-APB, 6-APB, Anything 'shittier' than those will make for a dirty high, and a very unpleasant comedown.

Things like MDPV are okay. But MDPV is mildly neurotoxic and has a hellish comedown (from what I've read). a-PVP seems to be a hit or miss. Some people love it, others hate it. I, personally, wouldn't recommend it (even though I've never tried it). You may also come across things like 'Pipradrol' and 'Desoxypipradrol'. Both of which, I recommend you stay away from unless you like an 'ephedrine-like' high that lasts for over 24 hours.

Just smoke some reefer and guide your friends. I realized on an Nbome trip one time that I'd never tried out just baby sitting people on drugs. It can be quite fun actually, I've now found out. People say some silly shit. And it's nice for me because I don't want them damaging my vinyls >.>

I know a lot of people who hate shrooms, yet still love LSD, so LSD may be great for you. It's definitely more clear-headed and has a more extreme, energized euphoria to it I find. There are still many other psychedelics less hard on the mind, but LSD is very rewarding & I and many others would say the perfect psychedelic. Also gonna second dissociatives, as long as you react well to them it's very unlikely you'll get anxiety (except from DXM maybe).

Acid is an obvious choice due to its similarities to shrooms. I was recently on Molly with 3 people who were all on at least an 8th of shrooms, two of them for their first time. I feel like the empathy if Molly helps you deal with people on other drugs well.

From personal experience, I am very aware of the depression, anxiety and discomfort that psilocybin can induce. For me, there is usually a come-up and then a steady-state period that are both riddled with those negative effects. The real payoff is during what I think of as the "comedown" (that glowing love feeling). It's as if I am charging up during the first phase and then everything is finally released. The experience is an apt metaphor for suffering being a requisite for reward.

Anyway, psilocybin is not often the best for social situations. I find LSD to be very different and it may work better for you, the OP. If pure MDMA could be acquired, that could be optimal. I have always had the desire to be alone when on psychedelics, even cannabis.

I have also had trip-sitters eat only a small stem or cap in order to tap into the wavelength, but also maintain adequate competence as an overseer. This could also be an option.

As is said: we don't allow "Recommend drugs for me to take?" type questions or threads, any such recommendation will be removed.

I have edited the OP and TT. Please stick to the rules otherwise it will just have to be closed. Thanks very much. :)

It's great, strong also... but LSD alone would be kinda comparable to mushrooms alone - that should be a match if you want to be on the same wavelength. Of course MDMA brings you on a wide wavelength range very well adapting to other people... but if those other people are not on MDMA they may be more weirded out than you are, so not sure if that is 'fair'. But it wouldn't be horrible I imagine.

I would avoid drinking completely, and actually personally I'd hate to be tripping around someone i know on MDMA. The reason for this being there are times I like to stop and think introspectively and the excessive love and chattiness would distract from the trip. I also find they don't work well timewise - tripping i want to just lie down and die for the first 30-45 mins whereas on MD I like to get up and go.

This of course may be different for you.

I won't quote, but having some experience with MDPV & alot of experience with Mephedrone, I would highly recomend avoiding them for the entirety of your life. They are both dreadfully addictive & damaging to health. Methylone is the only drug I can safely recomend in favour of MDMA but it's still quite a different ball-game to MDMA despite the molecular similarity. Methylone or bk-MDMA, has a shorter, edgy, amphetamine-like high, & a rather uncomfortable, lingering, anxiety-laden, adrenergic come-down. These side effects are increased considerably with the use of MDPV or Mephedrone rather than Methylone.

For the poster who discussed these drugs without having tried them, please do think more carefully before bringng them up in the above, barely legal "what drug should I take" context. You need someone with experience in the actual compounds, particularly Cathinones & MDPV/a-PVP giving advise about them.

5-APB & 6-APB are still relatively under-researched, & their dangers much less well known than those related to use of MDMA itself, & Methylone. The APBs are also quite long lasting compared to shrooms. I wouldn't advise their use by any but the most experienced & cautious, genuine psychonaut. I wouldn't recomend any of these new APB/MAPB/EAPB type drugs to anyone simply looking for a good time. There are older, safer drugs that would do the job.

No offence intended <3

Thank you
What about mixing MDMA with LSD?

There's no need to over-complicate matters. If you're seeking drugs that are similar to shrooms & you have experience with them, such as LSD, then, although acid will last longer on it's own than the shrooms, it's still probably the best bet. If you want something empathic, & roughly the same duration, then MDMA would be equally good. No need to combine them imo for this purpose.

Last edited:
Avoid?
Amphetamine, alcohol, MDMA, umm...anything that makes you act too differently to your sober self.
I say alcohol because I hate being around drunks when I'm tripping - but every drinker is different.
Likewise - well, any of the drugs I listed.
I personally think acid and shrooms have too different a duration for that to work well; but that's not a hard and fast rule. It can, and does work - depends on the situation, people etc.

Set and setting are too variable with all of these things IMO - but nobody wants some gushy wasted/speeding/rolling motherfucker talking bullshit while they're enjoying a psilocybin reverie.
Weed is good. Anything that shuts you up ;)

Just don't get so high on stimulants that you talk over everyone or so drunk that you're obnoxious, and you'll be fine. Whatever you enjoy.

ebola