• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc modafinil Vs other mental enhancement drugs

Ergan

Bluelighter
Hey guys I'm just wondering whether modafinil is better than mental enhancers such as adderall and Ritalin. I'm not looking to abuse this drug for a 'high' but for an enhancement to my mental ability.

any info will be much welcomed and if there's a mega thread already I appolgise in advance because I couldn't find it

>Ergan<

I think there is a thread in drugs in the media about this very topic. It seems that even in people with no psychiatric or neurologic conditions, modafanil is shown to increase various metrics of mental acuity while being decidely safer than amphetamine or methylphenidate.

I have been testing modafanil on myself recently and I must say it is a useful substance. For me, I notice my speech is much more in line with my thoughts and can concentrate on technical or scientific reading with greater ease. All with no side effects but of course that is not to say some may have adverse events.

i was under the impression it's more of a "wakefulness promoting agent" and not necessarily an obvious mental enhancement tool

That certainly is what it is prescribed for, but it is used of label for ADD/ADHD so it is plausible it has other effects.

Oddly, the wakefullness aspect seems in my personal use to diminish quickly.

Trying to link to the article but my phones hates me.