• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Modafinil, tramadol, promethazine

AsiJO96

Greenlighter
Is it safe to take 100mg modafinil and tramadol in doses of 100mg hour later another 100mg until 400mg and 12,5-25 mg of promethazine few hour later for reducing the stimulation and itch ? It is very euphoric combination which feels like some kind of non-jittery amphetamine with mild to moderate opiod blanket. It also makes me quite itchy and effects are getting more sedative after 4-5 hours post ingestion of all tramadol but i am not sure if its safe at all. Any opinions ?

While not a substitute for your doctor's advice, I don't see anything overly alarming about the Modafinil with Tramadol. Normally stimulants are a no-no with Tramadol due to increased seizure potential but as modafinil is a "wakefulness enhancer??" if kept at modest doses it shouldn't be overly problematic. Oddly enough the Promethazine has more potential to cause problems with the Tramadol and another antihistamine like Diphenhydramine might be better suited. Regardless titrating up slowly is always advisable and having someone with you after taking these meds is highly encouraged. Stay Safe!

Thank you. It was quite pleasurable and i was studying economics for 6 hours until i took promethazine but even then it was too stimulating to fall asleep.

Modafinil has a unique mechanism of action amongst psychostimulants. Targeting the orexin system is one of the main ways it exerts these effects. Interestingly, it does not appear to reduce the seizure threshold despite being a psychostimulant. Even more interestingly, it has anticonvulsant effects in some animal models.

I wouldn't worry too much about the risk, but keep an eye out for muscle twitching. If you notice muscle twitching on the combo, perhaps discontinue it or lower the dose and reassess.

I have been experiencing muscle twitching for 6-7 days but today i was prescribed 0,5mg alprazolam pills and it helped greatly.

I have been experiencing muscle twitching for 6-7 days but today i was prescribed 0,5mg alprazolam pills and it helped greatly.

I get muscle twitching on Tramadol too, and I'm a regular user. It is a potential warning sign but I love the drug too much lol, haven't had a seizure yet (touch wood)