View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Modafinil reactions

onepumpchump

Bluelighter
I've looked through the negative interactions lists and cannot find anything that says Modafinil reacts badly with 2c-b

Does anyone have any info/experience on whether Modafinil affects psychedelics? I took a 200mg tablet this morning to study and was planning on doing 20mg of 2C-B tonight

I always take a Modafinil with 2C-E if I'm taking it in the morning. 2C-E makes me feel kinda drunk/sedated and the Modafinil offsets this. No noticeable interactions IME.

just a quick question as to how modafinil effects fellow people who have tried it, i have some and am interested to find out more

just a quick question as to how modafinil effects fellow people who have tried it, i have some and am interested to find out more
Does exactly what it's supposed to for me. It's a pure "eugeroic" (wakefulness-promoting agent) with pretty much zero stimulant effects. It doesn't make me feel jittery and it has no noticeable effect on my HR or BP (resting or after exercise). It just makes me feel fresh and on point; like I've had a good 9 hours of sleep when I might have only had 4 or 5.
Modafinil increases histamine release in the hypothalamus, which causes increased wakefulness. The reason first-generation antihistamines (e.g. DPH) make you drowsy is that they cross the blood-brain barrier and block histamine receptors in the brain that keep you awake.

The only side effect I've noticed is that it makes my urine smell really weird - it's like a mixture of weed, chemicals and sweat. Depending on how often I've been using it, this can last for up to a day after my last dose. I've looked into it and it doesn't seem like anything to worry about.

I mean when I used to get it years back that shit kept me up but didn't really improve my mood at all. I started getting it prescribed last year because I'd fall asleep mid-day every day even though I took Vyvanse and low and behold I quit falling asleep during the day most days after I started taking it. It's not something I'd describe as fun, ya know. Useful, definitely... but not exactly my definition of fun. It provides wakefulness and look that can be useful. I believe military organizations around the world use it for providing wakefulness without altering the mind too much. It's definitely a better bet than amphetamines if you don't want soldiers to be mind altered on the battle field. But on some real shit if a battlefield isn't mind altering, then idk what is.