• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants modafinil question

downerman79

Bluelighter
Few years ago I was taking small doses of methylphenidate and experienced alarming side effects like chest pains and shortness of breath. This would usually manifest when the medication wears off, like a few days later. I discontinued the medication immediately, and it wasn't helping much anyway. My goal was not to get high but just to be productive. My doc suggested bupropion. It gave me shivers, muscle twitching and nausea. So I tossed that one too. I'm considering modafinil because I am extremely indolent and unproductive despite my best efforts to naturally overcome this. Do you think that modafinil could be a safer alternative to methylphenidate side effects-wise? Your personal experiences with the two? Thanx.

Personally, I’ve experienced far less vasoconstriction and other unpleasant side effects from Modafinil/Adrafinil than methylphenidate and its various offshoots (like 3,4 CTMP). As far as efficacy is concerned, Modafinil is a lot less “in your face” and more subtle than methylphenidate, and some people report little-to-no stimulation at all.

Well, any kind of improvement, even subtle, is more than welcome, since this situation is becoming pretty much unbearable. Zero motivation, zero self confidence, zero will to do anything, zero concentration. Thanx for your reply, I might try this medication.

Modafinil is still a stimulant and at higher doses it also puts more strain on your heart but not even close to Methylphenidate, it also lacks the euphoriant effects of it. I found Modafinil to be extremely usefull for being productive, alert and focusing on a subject much better than Methylphenidate because it doesn't get you high the same way. But as I said, at high doses, you may feel the same disturbing side effects.