• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Modafinil: Addictive?

treezy z

Bluelighter
I'm considering modafinil or flmodafinil for grogginess resulting from amphetamine and PCP withdrawal.

I'm not looking to get back on the crazy train with euphoria etc.

I don't mind caffeine addiction and my nicotine addiction doesn't bother me (I get it without tobacco.)

Any thoughts?

I'm the type of user that cannot use stimulants anymore with any degree of moderation. Once I have some in my possession, I use balls to the wall until it's all gone and hopefully I didn't arrange to get anymore before coming down.

I have never taken modafinil, but I have tried adrafinil numerous times and flmodanifil a couple times. I found neither drug to be anymore reinforcing or compulsive than caffeine.

I'm sure if it is used reguralirly for an extended period of time then one may experience some withdrawals (lethargy perhaps?) but I cannot speak to that as have never taken it more than a few times here and there. Never felt a desire or compulsion to use it again (and again and again) like I do from stimulants.

Hope this helps? Btw, don't expect too much from these drugs. Maybe modafinil is different, but the effects from adrafinil and flmodanifil were, to me, extremely light. I basically just felt more awake... Not high in the slightest.

I mean if you're actually going to recover, you're going to have to take a hit. I'd tough it out as long as possible. It's not going to be easy.

jeeee-zus you are worried about the addictive properties of modafinil but take pcp? Don't do that. And No, modafinl/armodafinil are not addictive but they have a very slight 1-2 day rebound effect if you use them for a week straight. Armodafinil is better than modafinil. and flmodafinil I would not touch because it is a Research Chemichal and not a pharmaceutical product.

jeeee-zus you are worried about the addictive properties of modafinil but take pcp? Don't do that. And No, modafinl/armodafinil are not addictive but they have a very slight 1-2 day rebound effect if you use them for a week straight. Armodafinil is better than modafinil. and flmodafinil I would not touch because it is a Research Chemichal and not a pharmaceutical product.

What is the 1-2 day rebound effect you speak of? Just a feeling of being more tired, difficulty staying awake and/or lethargy? Does it resemble the way one feels a few days after using something like amphetamines for a week straight like where one feels the need to sleep a lot (but obviously to a lesser degree)?

^^ yeah if amphetamine rebound is a ten and coffee is a 2, modafinil would be a 3.5

I've taken quite a bit of adrafinil at various doses. It felt much weaker than caffeine to me. Zero motivation increase. It made me feel a little different, but not really stimulated. more like an uncomfortable body load.

That said, I've seen a lot of different reports on the afinils. i think its one that you just have to try for yourself and see how it goes.

I've taken quite a bit of adrafinil at various doses. It felt much weaker than caffeine to me. Zero motivation increase. It made me feel a little different, but not really stimulated. more like an uncomfortable body load.

That said, I've seen a lot of different reports on the afinils. i think its one that you just have to try for yourself and see how it goes.

Adrafinil fucking sucks. Only a tiny percent gets metabolized to modafinil I suspect. like maybe 600mg:50mg ratio. It sucks. Armodafinil is the better one here.