Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Moclobemide + Mescaline

MescaliCAN

Bluelighter
Hi All,

First time posting to this site. Appreciate everyone’s insights and experiences with substances of all flavors ?

I am having friends over for a mescaline journey with friends this weekend and have a few questions that I would appreciate anyone’s knowledge/experience with:

1. I have 300mg moclobemide pills that I am thinking of splitting in two to take 150mg of moclobemide with 300-400mg of mescaline hcl. My question is one of timing - do I take the moclobemide 1 hour before the mescaline? 30 min before? Same time?

2. Are the body effects potentiated as well? Meaning if I took 400mg and for the sake of the argument the mescaline was doubled in potency, is the nausea equivalent to 400mg or more like a 800mg dose? I’m not all that concerned with the nausea - I used to take Zofran with the mescaline and for me at least Zofran robs me of all the magic/visuals of mescaline, so I’ve learned to deal with it and have foregone the Zofran for the last several journeys with awesome results. More of an intellectual curiosity than anything else.

Things I’m not concerned about:
MAOI interactions - got it. Understand the risks and doing it anyway
Intensity - I’ve got loads of experience with the classics (shrooms,LSD, DMT, etc) and a strong experience is preferred. Potentiation is kind of the point here.

Reason for the questions are to stretch out the supply a bit and lengthening the trip without the excessive body load of higher doses (I’m fine with nausea but I don’t love stimulants - mescaline’s magic makes it worth it but minimizing it even a little would be great).

Any help/advice is much appreciated!

Welcome, enjoy your stay and enjoy your trip.

It shouldn't matter when you take the moclobemide. It comes up rapid enough, and the plateau effects are fairly extended. One hour in advance or simultaneously, it shouldn't differ. I think simultaneous is standard for MAOI boosting in general.

Thank you Chris that was my original plan.

Any insight into the 2nd question - if moclobemide, for the sake of the argument doubles the potency of mescaline, are all other factors (body load, stimulation, nausea, visuals, etc) doubled as well? I’m assuming they are but can’t recall reading anything directly addressing that issue. I’m familiar with moclobemide making DMT orally active but since DMT isn’t orally active on its own I can’t compare with/without effects.

Thanks again ?

Mescaline with MAOI? Sounds dangerous. I hope you know what you're doing.