• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

mixing xanax and ativan...

higherandhigher

Greenlighter
how much do you think would take to get me high?
xanax doesn't do much for me but ativan does(<3), but the problem is I have an abundance of xanax but only 1 mg of ativan, and it takes 2mg of ativan to get me high...so how much should I take?

I'd go with 1mg Ativan and whatever your usual Xanax dose it. Take the Ativan sublingually.

I agree with WWM, take the 1 mg Ativan and your usual does of Xanax. Worse case scenario is you don't feel anything you can take more Xanax.

I took four ativan last night and passed out cold and still feel kind of foggy 12 hours later.

I'd say take 2mg xanax and your lorazepam. Wait about 30mins then make a move from there: stop or take .5mg more!

When you say "Xanax doesn't do much for me..." , what dosage(s) of Xanax have you tried taking? Because it's hard to really get any idea of how much Xanax it would take you to get "high" if we don't know what dosage(s) of it you've already tried that weren't high enough.

I did a mg of lorazepam (only did one or two other times, and don't remember it) last night, and I was also on Xanax. It didn't seem like I felt much. It kinda felt like I took another .25mg of Xanax added to the Xanax I already did. It did kind of feel a little different than Alprazolam tho. It gave me slight hallucinations as well.

I'd rather go for Xanax / alprazolam only for recreational purposes, if you get enough of them. Alpra is the least sedating benzo I know so far (which aren't too many but the difference to lorazepam was huge). Afaik it's supposed to work in some way on dopamine, forgot if as direct or indirect agonist.

@Dr Yurp interesting, I never got hallucinations from GABAergic substances besides zopiclone + 🥃 and even there only with a following blackout. Were black white cartoonish CEVs. What sort of hallus did you get?

I'd rather go for Xanax / alprazolam only for recreational purposes, if you get enough of them. Alpra is the least sedating benzo I know so far (which aren't too many but the difference to lorazepam was huge). Afaik it's supposed to work in some way on dopamine, forgot if as direct or indirect agonist.

@Dr Yurp interesting, I never got hallucinations from GABAergic substances besides zopiclone + 🥃 and even there only with a following blackout. Were black white cartoonish CEVs. What sort of hallus did you get?
They weren't like full blown hallucinations, colors just looked like different really.

I've never had any hallucinations from benzos.

However, paradoxically, they do make my hypnagogic hallucinations a lot worse. But that's a different type of hallucination, more complex process.

However, paradoxically, they do make my hypnagogic hallucinations a lot worse. But that's a different type of hallucination, more complex process.
What type of hallucinations do you get there? As somebody who doesn't get hyonagogic stuff besides some weird muscle jerks while trying antipsychotics, also even LSD took some hours to 'break thru' to the visuals and last time from just one blotter of 1cP u got none.. I'm curious 🙂

Zopiclone CEVs were rather simple, two dimensional objects in black and white with a comics like style. From DXM I got pretty complex but also b/q only sceneries in the dark, like seeing my room as the cockpit of a space ship. Other dissos give me no more visuals at all, just LSD stands out a bit, here I got the typical deal from what I saw on pics from others. But I liked the zopiclone ones (only happened when drinking at least two beers with it) because it didn't come with any trippy headspace, it were just CEVs and the usual metallic taste and tiredness.

What type of hallucinations do you get there? As somebody who doesn't get hyonagogic stuff besides some weird muscle jerks while trying antipsychotics, also even LSD took some hours to 'break thru' to the visuals and last time from just one blotter of 1cP u got none.. I'm curious 🙂
so... they all started after a major psychosis I had. So the background is kinda dark and fucked up, but these days they don't bother me anymore.

they're actually quite fascinating to me in their intensity and mystery

I have incredibly detailed and intense CEV hallucinations every night. It's very suspiciously close to the CEVs you might get on a very high dose psychedelic experience, but toned down and more like a dream.... it's somewhere in between because I am completely conscious while it happens (that's the weirdest part).

It feels like when my brain firsts starts sending the chemical chain reaction that leads to sleep, for whatever reason, my subconscious brain activity becomes visible, like some sort of normal filter in my visual cortex starts letting in rogue signals. That's the best way I can describe it.

It only happens when my brain releases "sleep" hormones and brain chemicals

I also experience hypnagogic jerks and related hallucinations, which are much more unpleasant. Almost every night i will have full body spams, strong, like being shocked. This will be accompanied by a very loud auditory hallucination like someone screaming, calling my name, a doorbell rining, a window breaking....... this is a bit more unpleasant, but not every night. This is closer to sleep paralysis.

how much do you think would take to get me high?
xanax doesn't do much for me but ativan does(<3), but the problem is I have an abundance of xanax but only 1 mg of ativan, and it takes 2mg of ativan to get me high...so how much should I take?
I'm opposite Ativan does nothing for me

It's very suspiciously close to the CEVs you might get on a very high dose psychedelic experience, but toned down and more like a dream.... it's somewhere in between because I am completely conscious while it happens (that's the weirdest part).
Recently read a thread here on BL about a hypothesis that psychedelic visuals at least partially might be night vision activated 150%, I don't buy that for now but it's interesting what you describe. Also I think if then the night vision thing refers only to the morphing, not complete scenery hallucinations.

Also sounds like what I somehow seem to miss, 1cP-LSD is really the only substance which gave me colorful visuals during the last 15 years.

Read also from somebody who said that DMT switched his inner eye on - this can mean a lot and so far no drug had permanent effects (which is more good than bad as the chance of something I don't like to come permanent would be too big) but it'd be nice to get some more imaginery. DMT is on my list, not for now but some day.

Sorry for derailing.

I'm opposite Ativan does nothing for me
I got little effects from clorazepam and pyrazolam (the latter pressed pills from the net so possibly underdosed), little but nice effects from pagoclone, intoxication yet nothing sleepy at all from zolpidem, good sleepy Was from zopiclone and weird, almost paradoxical stimulation alongside the disinhibition and sedation from lorazepam. Only one which works as intended is alprazolam.

Recently read a thread here on BL about a hypothesis that psychedelic visuals at least partially might be night vision activated 150%, I don't buy that for now but it's interesting what you describe. Also I think if then the night vision thing refers only to the morphing, not complete scenery hallucinations.

Also sounds like what I somehow seem to miss, 1cP-LSD is really the only substance which gave me colorful visuals during the last 15 years.

Read also from somebody who said that DMT switched his inner eye on - this can mean a lot and so far no drug had permanent effects (which is more good than bad as the chance of something I don't like to come permanent would be too big) but it'd be nice to get some more imaginery. DMT is on my list, not for now but some day.

Sorry for derailing.

I got little effects from clorazepam and pyrazolam (the latter pressed pills from the net so possibly underdosed), little but nice effects from pagoclone, intoxication yet nothing sleepy at all from zolpidem, good sleepy Was from zopiclone and weird, almost paradoxical stimulation alongside the disinhibition and sedation from lorazepam. Only one which works as intended is alprazolam.
is 1cP-LSD the new acids, the funniest times on acids was inn a nature setting.at night

When you say "Xanax doesn't do much for me..." , what dosage(s) of Xanax have you tried taking? Because it's hard to really get any idea of how much Xanax it would take you to get "high" if we don't know what dosage(s) of it you've already tried that weren't high enough.
agreed, what is your body weight height, experience, and most importantly, is it rea USA alprazolam, or fake

is 1cP-LSD the new acids, the funniest times on acids was inn a nature setting.at night
One of the Research Chemical lysergamide varieties, yeah. Had it out in a forest too but during daytime. Found the clarity of mind impressive when on shrooms I got confused pretty easiky and anxious. Calls for repeating but recently I ordered some blotters along other stuff and did one but got next to no effects besides some confusion. Might have had to do with me being alone and not able to let go vs first time with buddies.

Really? I've tried a few lysergamids, including 1p and 1cp, and even LSA... always gives me colorful visuals

I have a form of color blindness too lol
Read also from somebody who said that DMT switched his inner eye on
there could be something to this in my case... I was smoking A LOT of DMT at the time... too much really... it stopped being fun, the elves started getting annoyed with my presence (seriously)

while I ultimately blame it on mushrooms, my mental disaster, DMT played a big role in it as well, and I specifically remember my mushroom trips started feeling like DMT trips. I started having DMT like visuals while on lowish dose mushrooms. (in retrospect...... that was probably a major red flag... )

very similar chemicals after all