• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Mixing Tramadol with Alcohol?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
Will it do anything beside each drug potentiating eachother?
I take an average of 16 tramadol a day.

I was severely alcoholic (5 bottles of wine and up to 12 cans of cider every day) for 7 years but have been sober for two and a half years.
I just happened by a bottle of wine. I've drank 1/4 of the bottle and had four Tramadol in the past 25 minutes. I already feel quite intoxicated.

Is the combination really that bad or will I be fine to drink the rest of the bottle and take a couple more pills?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. It is most certainly "that bad". An issue that sadly must be addressed is the fact that you, like myself, do not possess the ability to consume Alcohol in a manner that is socially/medically acceptable. You have no control over your intake and compulsive drinkers typically neither return to anything resembling socially acceptable consumption nor does time improve your situation. It is common for an Alcoholic, much like any addict, to resume their compulsive drinking exactly where they left off without missing a beat.

So, in your personal situation, which would imply that consuming ~40 standard alcoholic drinks per day is not unusual, I can't safely "advise" you on what to do so long as you have an open jug within reach. My advice will mean jack shit after the 6th or 7th drink. To be blunt, I believe that if you were to continue your Tramadol consumption unabated while introducing Alcohol into the situation, you could quite easily end up dead.

You should not be consuming more than 300mg Tramdol in a sitting anyway. This is harmful in its own right, as Tramadol's unique pharmacological profile among weak Opioids makes it prone to lowering the seizure threshold in normally healthy individuals. If you begin introducing binge drinking into this completely separate scenario, you will further be fucking with your nervous system's homeostatic seizure threshold. I'm surprised you are not experiencing complications at this point.

Please reply. We really need to talk about this dude. Feel free to send me a note too, but I'll be more likely to reply in thread. What's the point in helping others if I can't get sweet, sweet attention and praise in the process?

Thanks so much for the reply. It sounds like you genuinely care about my well-being and I can't tell you how much that means. Due to being abused by my parents and bullied/raped at school I feel like nobody ever cared for me and it means so much to me when someone shows me any sort of kindness or empathy.

Currently I have almost finished my bottle and have additionally found a bottle of champagne. Both belong to my parents and when they get home I will probably be kicked out :/
I have taken a total of 400mg of tramadol, 150mg trazodone, 150mg seroquel and 200mg chorpromazine.

I actually don't feel anymore intoxicated than I did with my last post.

Thanks for wanting to talk this out with me, I so appreciate the support.

Understood. Can I ask what the Chlorpromazine (Thorazine) is used for? Do you have schizoid symptoms or are you merely using it for its sedative properties? You still are using too much Tramadol. As far as Harm Reduction is concerned, I would encourage you to seek out stronger Opioids or even an Opioid of an equivalent potency along the lines of Codeine, as it would seem that controlling your Tramadol intake is not going to be a feasible course of action at this time.

I'm assuming that you live in an area where Tramadol is either OTC or de facto OTC? In Iraq all of those kids were hopped up on Tramadol and airplane glue, so I've seen it firsthand. Is it possible for you to acquire Codeine or any other Opioid for that matter? Are you familiar with Cold Water Extractions?

Tramadol and alcohol is a bad mix... anything except benzos is a shitty combination with tramadol in my experience, its otc here and I have hundreds of those pills laying on my bathroom and I woudnt touch them with a 10 foot pole, shitty drug... back on topic, the seizure risk is real with that much tramadol and alcohol, 5 bottles of wine a day is really crazy, im glad you came fine out of that, I would pick either the alcohol or the tramadol in dosages of less than 300mg, if you like opioids im sure you can get them if you search hard enough, I live in a country where they are extremely scarce and in general non prescribed and ive been able to get opium freshly processed, iv morphine, oxycontin, heroin, fentanyl, etc... im sure you can get some real opioids and ditch that tramadol, its not good for you on the long term compared to real opiates which are much more benign.

Take care and be safe

Thanks so much for the answers guys. I called the NHS non-emergency number anonymously and gave exact amounts just for general advice. Next thing I know, they traced the phone number and sent an ambulance. My ECG was slightly abnormal but I was discharged after 8 hours and am okay. Thanks again.

Tramadol and alcohol is a bad mix... anything except benzos is a shitty combination with tramadol in my experience, its otc here and I have hundreds of those pills laying on my bathroom and I woudnt touch them with a 10 foot pole, shitty drug... back on topic, the seizure risk is real with that much tramadol and alcohol, 5 bottles of wine a day is really crazy, im glad you came fine out of that, I would pick either the alcohol or the tramadol in dosages of less than 300mg, if you like opioids im sure you can get them if you search hard enough, I live in a country where they are extremely scarce and in general non prescribed and ive been able to get opium freshly processed, iv morphine, oxycontin, heroin, fentanyl, etc... im sure you can get some real opioids and ditch that tramadol, its not good for you on the long term compared to real opiates which are much more benign.

Take care and be safe
Nearly a month since my last mess of a post ...good , good ...Buprenorphine long term and my inability tyo say no to those last crumbs are literally driving me nuts and doing everything within my reach to self sabotage a "Just say No!! " type of approach ...anyways ...have been drinking and doing rock with mates all afternoon ...come home ,put some food in me ...still drunk asf I log in ...Subbing 5mgs Zopiclone already, 5mgs Valium down the hatch ...0.5mgs Bupre snorted ... 1x IR 50mgs Tramadol pill (eaten )... I would put sth up my arse too just for boofing´s sake but not sure what ... as you can see I´m more variety over quantity tonight so ...I could boof some Codeine but the Bupre would render it hetero ...sheeeat !!! ...looking for a couple Midazolams I had here somewhere ...that can be successfully boofed up ...brb ...

Last edited: