• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Mixing Roxie?s with Fioricet aka butalb

Queenbean413

Greenlighter
Background info: I?m prescribed 3/30mg Roxie?s per day and take them as directed for pain. I also take 30mg of slow release Hysingla which is slow release Hydro. Since the 3 pills do not cover breakthrough pain when your up for 17 hrs a day and they barely work for 3hrs, forget about the four hours I have to wait before the next one. So I chop up about 3/4 of the Hysingla and that seems to work until I go to bed, when I take it in the evening.

My Dr prescribed me Butalb 50mg aka Fiorcet for headaches I was getting due to spine issues. I took them right before bed and they work got the headaches. But for now the headaches have been much much better. Since I took them and fell asleep I have no idea how I react on them if I?m awake. I have about 8 pills and I would love to get a high from them. It?s been years since I have felt that way, and quite frankly I could use a break from reality for a few hours! Lol!

Please dont judge me or me or talk me out of it. I just am trying to be safe and not do anything too dangerous. So I?m asking for some help in that area - and please speak in laymen?s terms. There are incredibly knowledgeable people on here but sometimes the medical chemistry jargon is hard to follow! Thank you in advance for any and all help!!

Mixing an intermediate acting, if modest GABA- A/B agonist and a pair of heavy hitting opioids isn’t ideal; adding codiene, albeitild, makes it 3 opioids- and they all shall inhibit each others metabolism (although w/ codiene it is more complex

Barbituates are more dangerous than benzodiazepines because they hit different receptors and subunit, and have no ceiling for respiratory depression and the combination with a Mu agonist and possibly a modest Kappa agonist, which linger in plasma longer than you think, is inherently dangerous, with respiratory collapse being a possible result in case of disaster Not to mention the other ingredients, probably Tylenol which of course is hepatotoxic...

latest

In all seriousness, you can’t expect us to advise 3 opioids and a barbiturate combo, and you didn’t say whichever ingredients were in it-there are a couple different kinds of Fiorecet, I don’t remember which have caffeine

And dosage recommendations are out of the question, with multiple drugs possibly in play; Will say you need a strategy if your set, I mean you can’t take all four drugs and you don’t need to - Yiu could experiment with butalbital on it’s own(maybe that is what you want to do, not to sharp at the moment) however you need to be slow and low-it is still an opioid and barbiturate combo, so it is not ideal abusing it, not impossible of course

Forgive me, I am not 100% tonight; I couldn’t even come up with decent medical jargon! I will leave this open for a moment although we are not here to help you get high - It seems contradictory, it’s just that is something you have to do on your own if you choose - we are here to reduce the harm from that and provide info; it is mostly simple ;) So check out different threads and resources to find out about this Be safe

It has NO Codeine. Sorry if I wasn’t clear...I don’t plan on taking all 3, I was thinking Fiorcet + hydro OR Oxy + Fiorcet and I’m not asking “how to get high” I’m asking what would the high feel like - so I can decide if it’s worth the risk & how much of the Fiorcet is safe

Queenbean, I will do my best to provide you with that Blue-Ribbon service we are known for, while speaking in terms that are fairly understandable.

Benzodiazepines + Opioids = Dangerous

Barbiturates (Butalbital) + Opioids = Dangerous squared

While I understand you are on a high dose of Oxycodone to begin with, you'll find that even with a fairly complete tolerance, introducing a powerful sedative into the mix creates a definite synergy.

I am absolutely not here to patronize or judge you based upon what you would like to do with your drugs, but I would highly consider reserving them for their intended use, for those nights when the pain is so unbearable that all you can do is take a pill.

If that is not the case and you are committed to using Barbiturates with Opioids, it's not like it can't be done with reasonable safety, but it's a major gamble. Do the right thing and start with the lowest possible dose of each and see how they effect you and go from there.