• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Mixing Ritalin and Pristiq (desvenlafaxine)

oxyladron

Bluelighter
Hi, guys. I've been treating my depression with Pristiq but I also use Ritalin 10mg (insufflated, in a base of 30mg~70mg per day, sometimes more but It depends on my mood) and I've searched for informations about the combination of these two drugs but I only found informations about combining with Venlafaxine, which is "the older" version of Pristiq. Someone knows the risks of mixing these two substances? I've been doing this for some weeks and felt nothing but I want to know about it for my own safe. I've been throught some bad and trashy troubles in my life so sometimes I take almost 100mg of Ritalin in one day, divided through the day. And I've searched about it and got nothing. Today I'll try to talk about it with my therapist as I always do but someone here have some info about mixing it?

Quickly, to clear things up, Desvenlafaxine (Pristiq) is indeed the "newer" version of Venlafaxine (Effexor), but the former is actually just one half of the optical isomer of Venlafaxine. Just like Dextro/Levo-Amphetamine, the chemical is chiral, so the effects should be nearly identical, but hopefully with fewer side effects. There are no readily apparent contraindications between the two, but I think your intake of Methylphenidate (Ritalin) is on the high side of things. 100mg per day would not be tolerated by an average individual without side effects of a significant nature.

Just something to consider. I wouldn't make the comment if I didn't believe it to be a problem that needs addressing.

Quickly, to clear things up, Desvenlafaxine (Pristiq) is indeed the "newer" version of Venlafaxine (Effexor), but the former is actually just one half of the optical isomer of Venlafaxine. Just like Dextro/Levo-Amphetamine, the chemical is chiral, so the effects should be nearly identical, but hopefully with fewer side effects. There are no readily apparent contraindications between the two, but I think your intake of Methylphenidate (Ritalin) is on the high side of things. 100mg per day would not be tolerated by an average individual without side effects of a significant nature.

Just something to consider. I wouldn't make the comment if I didn't believe it to be a problem that needs addressing.

Thank you, man. Yeah, I know my actual intake of Ritalin is way too high and now I'm trying to reduce it, not only for the sake of harm reduction but for my own health too (which I think it's kinda the same thing said with different words? hahah). But thanks for the advice, as always.

Thank you, man. Yeah, I know my actual intake of Ritalin is way too high and now I'm trying to reduce it, not only for the sake of harm reduction but for my own health too (which I think it's kinda the same thing said with different words? hahah). But thanks for the advice, as always.

Valeu e Obrigado. Nao e um problema meu Amigo :)