• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Mixing OTC Painkillers to enhance result

JohnStone1

Greenlighter
Hello Folks

With Codeine harder to come by I was wondering if it is possible to mix OTC pain killers or other products like tylenol and doxylamine etc with other OTC products like excedrin to get an effective result??

It is so hard to get codeine and if you get chronic pain it would be good to know a mixture that can help.

Thanks

John S

Are you trying to reduce pain or are you looking for a recreational effect?

Generally speaking there are only a handful of OTC painkiller drugs, acetaminophen, aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, and diclofenac.

The best you can do with those is pairing acetaminophen with your choice of NSAID - naproxen is the best I'd say. You can also add topical diclofenac cream.

Nothing is going to be directly comparable to codeine though. One of the references I like (League Table of Analgesic Efficacy) says that a dose of 600mg ibuprofen is a more reliable painkiller than 60mg codeine though, so you may find something that works for you.

Are you trying to reduce pain or are you looking for a recreational effect?

Generally speaking there are only a handful of OTC painkiller drugs, acetaminophen, aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, and diclofenac.

The best you can do with those is pairing acetaminophen with your choice of NSAID - naproxen is the best I'd say. You can also add topical diclofenac cream.

Nothing is going to be directly comparable to codeine though. One of the references I like (League Table of Analgesic Efficacy) says that a dose of 600mg ibuprofen is a more reliable painkiller than 60mg codeine though, so you may find something that works for you.

Pain relief buddy, don't want to get high but pain relief!!