• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Mixing Gabapentin and Benzos

Zoeyy

Greenlighter
Hi I know this post is way old (if you still have this account lol) so can I not mix gabapentin temazepam and zopiclone. Would that be dangerous,

This question cannot be answered safely. It is entirely dependent upon your personal tolerance to these substances. These substances can be mixed, but the effects are compounding as they all exert effect on the gaba system in some way. There is a high likelihood of overdose and/or blacking out. So, again, it is entirely dependent upon your personal tolerance and experience with these drugs. No one is going to tell you it's safe to take these in combination, especially without listed dosages and history.

I have, and do so regularly, combine various gabapentinoids, benzodiazepines, and alcohol, but I know my doses and I know my tolerance, and I'm not claiming it's safe... it's a habit more than anything.

General advice is to avoid. Be safe.

Aspiring has hit this one on the head. OP, it's really difficult for us to answer your question, as you haven't provided us with even the most basic of starting/biographical information regarding your past drug use, experience and tolerance. All I can say is that, yes, this could be dangerous and that is the only appropriate answer to this question. Feel free to provide us with more information if you would like a more specific answer.

Temazepam and Zopiclone are both Hypnotics, And Zopiclone is primarily a selective GABA-A/Benzo receptor agonist; as mentioned, we would need more info to really answer your question- feel free to post back