• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Mixed reactions from diazepam ?

Quinine121

Bluelighter
Ok so basically I first used diazepam from a dr years ago 15+ and hated it
5-10mg had me feeling agitated from the first dose

fast forward a decade and I found it great to use after a cola binge

anyhoo I recently got a script 4-6 weeks back for about 240mg

one thing i DONT need in my life is a Benzo dependency

dr figured if I used 1-3 days MAX better only 1-2 concurrent and had 2-3 days off I should be cool?

At any route last time I took a dose was 35mg sublingual 6-7 days ago and the same agitated feeling came back .

After that In between the week I’m on 6-7 days free of Valium i tried Pregabalin 300mg twice and it was ok but not my thing

i figure if if I keep to using the diaz 2 a week with a five day break I should be cool with no dependence issues and W/D ? already got a monkey on my back from oppies and know diazepam can be useful for getting clean .

my question is why do I randomly get aggitsted from it ? First time back on it 10mg has me feeling amazing first week back 20mg blacked me out lol now last as I said I used it 35mg had me annoyed and anything less I didn?t notice much

and is the dr right about spacing doses I don?t want to get benzo w/d esp as the drug is great for anxiety/knocking you out but sucks imo for anything else

Hi, I have some experience with diazepam but more with the xanax+klonopin spectrum of benzos, but the agitation you describe may be similar to the blackouts/changed behaviors people experience on higher doses of xanax. Maybe this time around if you're content on less try sticking to 10-15mg if more is unpleasant.

I don't wanna speak for a doctor but diazepam definitely has a very long half life, something like 20-100-ish hours, so with that I'd think 3 days off at least would be wise to avoid dependence, I know benzo withdrawal from 4-5 years everyday, to cold turkey nothing was a hell of a bad experience... Best of luck to you.

Hi, I have some experience with diazepam but more with the xanax+klonopin spectrum of benzos, but the agitation you describe may be similar to the blackouts/changed behaviors people experience on higher doses of xanax. Maybe this time around if you're content on less try sticking to 10-15mg if more is unpleasant.

I don't wanna speak for a doctor but diazepam definitely has a very long half life, something like 20-100-ish hours, so with that I'd think 3 days off at least would be wise to avoid dependence, I know benzo withdrawal from 4-5 years everyday, to cold turkey nothing was a hell of a bad experience... Best of luck to you.

Thanks bro

I used yesterday after 8 days no V

40mg with codine minimal synergy taken sublingual

Today

450 -600mg pure codine average dose for me

60mg V again minimal synergy I spaced out the V in 20mg 20-30- 60 min intervals

Slight drowsiness but nothing (anti histamines work better )

Seems V + codine does not work for me I?m better taking 3-7 days off and using 10-20mg for come downs

Or just general anti - anxiety

Tommorow I will try 200-300mg Lyrica + 400mg codine an hour later for synergy/potentation used 300mg Lyrica on its own had wobbles and general calm with a few cevs and spaciness slight drunken light headed kinda buzz

I?m not into acid or even weed anything that can cause hallucinations is NOT pleasant for me so wary about taking Lyrica @ 400-450mg

Tried Lyrica with @ 150mg with codine at 400mg again once no added effect no prolonged eurohria