• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Mistaking Promethazine for Promethazine with Codeine....

StimsNoStems

Greenlighter
So i have been wondering if anyone has ever made a similar mistake to the one i made about a week ago. A buddy of mine had 7 oz of thin,green syrup which i thought was "lean" in his medicine cab and i bought it off him, knowing there was a chance it was just promethazine.

I was under the impression i could determine the difference between promethazine and "real lean" after drinking 2oz of the syrup. After downing the 2 oz in 20 min or so i had thought i felt enough of what i thought was an opiate buzz to confidently say it had codeine in it. At this time i traded 2oz of it for 2 5mg hydros my buddy had lying around and i took them.

Shortly after i was sitting by myself and knew something wasnt right because the vicodin would have hit me relatively hard, as i have a relatively low opiate tolerance compared to most. Then i started seeing small spiders and webs and i was so confused. I went to touch them and they dissapeared which shocked me ,as i had realized i was hallucinating. Finally i started putting things together, i could hardly walk, my pupils were HUGE (larger than the 1 time i did MDMA), i couldnt form coherent thoughts or sentences and was just all around miserable lol.

To my relief i woke up fine but feeling like a fucking moron.

Next time read the label on the bottle before drinking it.

At least you knew what was going on and didn't have a panic attack

Definitely sounds like an antihistamine overdose. Never experienced it for myself, even though I've taken grams upon grams of Diphenhydramine in the last few years. Most antihistamines (including Promethazine) are anticholinergic drugs. They block the effects of acetyl-choline which regulates a person's ability to distinguish reality from fantasy. Seeing bugs is a common hallucination for every anticholinergic deliriant. Like VitamaN said, it's a good thing you didn't freak out. I can only imagine that making it ten times worse lol. It's always smart to make sure you know what you're taking beforehand to avoid silly mistakes like this. :)

Peace

there was no label lol thats why i knew it could have been prometh or prometh with codeine. only reason i didnt have a panic attack is because ive read about benadryl ODs on here

I have some promethazine pills that I was prescribed for nausea after surgery. They just knock me out. I take it and I'm asleep under and hour.

That sucks u got delirium instead of a nice warm opiate buzz. You got to learn to identify your drugs. One of the first rules of the pharmacy haha. At least u seemed to learn from it.