• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Missouri Vocational Rehabilitation

Thanatos

Bluelighter
Hello, I will begin my formal evaluation for the aforementioned Federal/State funded program due to having multiple psychiatric disorders as well as multiple physical disabilities that have left me unemployed due to the nature of my former career.
Could anyone fill me in on the evaluation process, as well as what services are offered?
I have no documented history of drug abuse but I struggle to use my medicine as prescribed and smoke marijuana 10-15 times a year. Would those factors come into play during my evaluation?

I'm quite anxious about this program as its very tough to be accepted into, and I can no longer work as a physical laborer, leaving me in quite a catch 22 considering I only have ~20 medical focused college credits and a GED.

Thanks in advance for any input, I greatly appreciate it.

I found this: http://dese.mo.gov/vr/vocrehab.htm. They list the locations of your nearest offices.

This is the actual statute that determines eligibility: http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C200-299/2870000148.HTM

This outlines the assessment process: http://labor.mo.gov/DWC/Division_Units/Care_Unit/vocational_rehab.asp

I'm not actually familiar with the M.V.R., so I was only able to provide you a few links to send you in (hopefully) the right direction. You mention having only a few college credits. I know you've mentioned returning to school, do you still plan on it? That'd be your best bet.

Thank you, those links were about all that I could find during my own exhaustive searches so I was hoping someone else in the US had gone through their respective states program as they are federally mandated to offer certain pervasive services. Most of the information given to me has been through my psychiatrist and orthopedic surgeons that referred me to the program. There isn't any literature from former patients, which is slightly concerning, but I won't have to wait much longer until my evaluation.

Lol yes Tude(Ms Memory) I have roughly an equivelent of a year done out of an accelerated health science degree done, but in today's market post-grad, typically doctoral level is the entry level education for any health/science careers, leaving me with about a decade of accelerated schooling between myself and my field of choice. Hence the VR in the mean time....

Hey ent voc rehab is a great idea, after being a year sober(in Louisiana). I got a job doing roofing. Louisiana dept of voc rehab bought near $1,000 worth of tools for me, work uniforms ($100 voucher for cloths at Kmart). They even cut me a $20 check a week for gas getting to work and back,not much considering I spent it on lottery tickets lol.
Tell em ur tool less, have no blue jeans,got no work boots need help with a bus voucher or gas money and don't forget to mention that you want to fucking work so bad!! You just need help and make make a tear. ..bam $$$vouchers, good luck ent man wish you the best!

Last edited: