• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Missed shot of suboxone. Please help!

h22turbo

Greenlighter
hello everyone. I missed a shot of suboxone 3 days ago and this is what it looks like...

MJ0Jrf8.jpg

It feels like a 3rd degree burn... I have missed 2 days of work now because I can't even walk and in excruciating pain.

I broke down and went to the ER. They literally had no clue on what to do for me. I had 3 nurses, 2 doctors, and one of those doctors called other doctors! They gave me a tetanus shot, a script of Bactrim antibiotics, and sent me on my way.

I'm taking the antibiotics, but the missed spot is still getting bigger / spreading and hurts like I have never felt before. sometimes it feels like my intestines are burned by a hot torch. I'm also soaking in hot baths.

is there anything else I can do? should I go to the next nearest er (1 hr away) and see what they say? I can't take this pain! I'm literally typing this message rocking back and forth and shaking my leg like I have restless leg syndrome in complete agony.

Please help!

Last edited:
go to the ER

like I said.... I did! told them exactly what happened and the doc literally said he didn't know what to do other than Bactrim antibiotic. it's still spreading & still burning like a 3rd degree burn.... feels like my guts are burning up

I know, I mean go back to the er

if its still burning and hurting tomorrow (id imagine it will be) Im going to have to! The local hospital here sucks... so it looks like im going to make the long 1+ hr drive to the next one near me. ugh, that drive is going to suck. it hurts me just to sit up in a chair because of where its located.

Sounds like the antibiotics aren't helping. I would go to the other hospital today. Even if it's a long drive, they should be able to give you the proper treatment. I really hope they can fix this. Don't be scared, just go. There is no need for you to continue suffering!

Something like this happened to me when I missed just a TEENY bit of a shot in my hand. It was MUCH MUCH less severe than what has happened to you. It went away naturally over the course of a couple weeks. Your problem may go away naturally but it may take a long time. I wish I could help more, it sounds like agony. =(

It looks like he may have even shot into an artery and it blew at the same time. How much suboxone did you shoot? I accidentally shot suboxone into my radial artery one time, and it caused a little black and blue like that, but it also looks like a blown blood vessel. Yeah bro, try the other ER. Try as many as you can til you get a good answer. I hope you are OK dude.