• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Missed a shot and wondering if I should try to use heat to get it into system

brooklynwild

Greenlighter
So I'm thinking maybe this isn't the place to post this. I used the search engine but maybe I didn't say the right thing. Basically I'm just wondering if I apply heat would it help to push the h into my system.

I'll move this over to Basic Drug Discussion for you (i think that's the right sub? Feel free to move if i'm wrong, mods)

Yeah, i think applying heat is a good idea. Gets blood flowing to the area.
Stick your arm under a hot tap or shower, as warm as you can handle it (but don't scald yourself).

If it doesn't get better, seek medical attention, because infections and abcesses can be real nasty indeed.

Once again thank you. It is not painful or red, just a little bump but i will keep an eye out. I just don't have anymore and wanting max effect. I was beginning to withdraw and must have not taken enough loperamide so I at least feel better.
I appreciate you and hope you are enjoying the day

Whether it gets you higher or not is a secondary issue to the potential health complications of a missed shot, but I'm not gonna pretend like I've never been desperate myself. Luckily, the advice to get you higher and to help keep you safer are on in the same. The idea behind applying heat to these areas is, in laymens' terms, to "loosen" up the mass of material in the hopes that it will become more easily absorbed. So, keep applying the warm compresses and so long as the swelling begins to abate for you, you shouldn't need to seek medical attention. If it gets worse or doesn't go away, you probably do need medical attention because it could be something like an abscess.

I was going to try to give up opiates today ...and between the lope not working and the unexpected knock on my door, I find myself here.