• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

(MISlaeled) codein bottle I just got - reporting it

dilated_pupils

Bluelighter
Pill bottle reads:

Take 1 tablet by mouth every 6 hours
as needed.

12 APAP #3 W/COD TAB (TEVA )
Gen. Tylenol #3

How much APAP do you think is in such pills? (answer is at the bottom Because I want to stress how life is not a guessing game -- and also, where do I report such a mistake so as they can take care of this? I don't want anyone dying on me here!)

How the heck does on decipher a message like this?
I'm in the US, my first question was to check how much APAP was in the pills.
As I went to the doc. at night, got the script filled after, and I have work tomorrow -- It's a new job and they are allowing overtime, and obviously I'm in pain or I wouldn't have had asked for these -- but seriously this is bad labeling!

I then questioned about food or not - to take with it (beforehand) or to just swollow them (I probably would have before looking at the label but I didn't have any water).

I eventually looked them up - using voice recognizition which funny enough brought up what I needed to see --> and read before I asked more specifically typing in the pill color, size, and the one side of the labeling.

T3's are available over the counter in most countries in Europe I believe so how the heck does this sound when I'm looking at how (hashtag error maybe overall thoughts on what may have occurred here) - a t3 here is a narcotic, and a t #4 is what I'd think naturally as being an over the counter medication in other places since we have 'extra strength tylenol' where-as a t4 would be the logical thinking of what a codein apap tab is to a Euriopean pharamacy/pharmacist-tech?

Anyway - where is the info on APAP and how would this have turned out if I went ahead and took more than it 'said' (seriously nothing about how much other than he wording APAP)? I couldn't do the math like I normally would on a med. with APAP which was worriesome since I am a fairly skilled researcher).

ANSWER: 300MGS/30MGS --apap is 300mgs per tablet. they are 30mg codein's (lowest amount here).

Insight appreciated. I hope this helps people find researching is very important - but knowing when to do so after the fact is good to know.

-dp

The abbreviations are sometimes hard to understand and I know what to look for. I think it depends which pharmacy you use and they make the assumption that you will take your medication as directed. This one I got yesterday for an infection reads like this:

SMZ- TMP DS 800-160 MG TAB
Generic for Bactrim DS

Hmm. I don't know - it definitely had me wondering and that's odd for me - I usually have a question about the medication not about what the medication is, you know?