• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Mirtazapine Withdrawal - Short Term use.

pally pete

Bluelighter
Hi all,

I've been taking Mirtazapine for a total of 45 days (28 days @ 15 mg and 17 days @ 30 mg)

Unfortunately I found this antidepressant useless :(

So I've decided to taper off and the start Vortioxetine, as I've had some positive symptoms with Vortioxetine in the past...

My question is: As I've been on Mirtazapine such as short time wilI I need to taper?

I was thinking a short taper of 2 weeks: 1 week at 15 mg and 1 week at 7.5 mg and then start the Vortioxetine the day after. (Luckily there is no washout period required) I've even considered the odd night where I miss my dose of Mirtazapine completely....

What have other people experiences been of coming off Mirtazapine? Especially short term users?

Thanks.

I'd check with your prescribing doctor, but I think at such a low dose you should be ok. I was put on 15mg temporarily in 2019 following a car accident and had no issues coming off it, however I was taking Valdoxan daily at the time. I've been on 30mg of Mirtazapine daily since Valdoxan became too expensive for me.

I'd check with your prescribing doctor, but I think at such a low dose you should be ok. I was put on 15mg temporarily in 2019 following a car accident and had no issues coming off it, however I was taking Valdoxan daily at the time. I've been on 30mg of Mirtazapine daily since Valdoxan became too expensive for me.
You'll be just fine with a rapid taper, Mirtazapine has got mild WD symptoms if that.
Thanks.

I'm going to echo the previous comments in that you are unlikely to experience significant withdrawal effects. You can taper just in case for like 7 days though you'd probably be fine without that. Good luck and let us know how it goes.