• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

mirtazapine is it worth a try?

It doesn't really have any recreational value. I mean it's fun if you wanna get high and there's nothing else around but it's like a DPH (Diphenhydramine) fun. Not something you enjoy but better than being sober. Best way I can explain it.

I would also recommend mixing it with alcohol. Me and my friend done 80mg each while drinking but it was spaced out. It just fucks you up beyond belief and that's about it, I'd stay away from it to be honest. Even DPH would be a better choice.

This anti depressant can make you gain more than a couple of kilos and it won't make you sleep imho.
It works for some people though..

https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Mirtazapine

https://youtu.be/mm0-Mwv61KU

i wanna try this^
But i need it for my anxiety and insomnia.
So my question is there any benefit whdit intranasal or sublingual use.
Dont want to waste to much i need them for my anxiety.

Yes i know its a fucking anti depressant.
no recreational valeu.
But i've read many trip reports and a lot of people say that it is so plz no bullshit,

Thnx ☺

Yes you can get them in sublingual or regular tabs here in Canada. I never saw any rec value in them other than for getting some sleep. I've tried both kinds and the sublingual tabs are better IMO. It's strange how the >less< you take the more sleep-inducing it is [7.5mg I think?], and the higher you go which is 45mg maximum, has more of an anxiolytic/antidepressant effect. The best sleepers for me personally are Temazepam [Restoril], Nitrazepam [Mogadon], Flunitrazepam [Rohypnol] and Morphine. But we all know the dangers that come with them, especially in combos if ya don't know what you're doing. Plus Docs are mostly script Nazis these days. Considering mirtazapine works on your Histamine 2 receptor your tolerance will skyrocket in no time at all if ya take it every night.. That's the only downside to it. I'd rather take Doxylamine if I didn't have proper sleeping meds. Best of luck, hope I helped.

Last edited:
Yes you can get them in sublingual or regular tabs here in Canada. I never saw any rec value in them other than for getting some sleep. I've tried both kinds and the sublingual tabs are better IMO. It's strange how the >less< you take the more sleep-inducing it is [7.5mg I think?], and the higher you go which is 45mg maximum, has more of an anxiolytic/antidepressant effect. The best sleepers for me personally are Temazepam [Restoril], Nitrazepam [Mogadon], Flunitrazepam [Rohypnol] and Morphine. But we all know the dangers that come with them, especially in combos if ya don't know what you're doing. Plus Docs are mostly script Nazis these days. Considering mirtazapine works on your Histamine 2 receptor your tolerance will skyrocket in no time at all if ya take it every night.. That's the only downside to it. I'd rather take Doxylamine if I didn't have proper sleeping meds. Best of luck, hope I helped.
I've temazepam but my tolerance is to high.
I've also quetiapine for the insomnia but they wont work.
Btw isnt it histamine h1 not h2?
Quetiapine works also on histsmine h1 so i already have a tolerance ?.

Mirtazapine (Remeron) is a pretty impressive medication in my opinion. Unfortunately, it's not impressive due to its recreational value, it's impressive for its ability to stimulate appetite and induce sleep. I weigh about 140 lbs and can generally eat any amount of food without gaining weight (at least from my perspective) but when I tried Mirtazapine for a month, I ate so much that I gained at least 15 lbs.

I hated mirtazapine. I took HALF of the dosage my doc gave me and it made me so lethargic the next morning that i could not force myself out of bed until 5pm. I went to class that day and still slept halfway through the class. Its half-life is WAY too long, and i actually got pretty angry throughout the whole day, so i got no positive effects from it.

Dosage: 7.5mg before bed

I took mirtazipine for insomnia and it worked until it didn't (couple of weeks?) and I didn't gain any weight, which I was hoping to do.

For insomnia and anxiety, there is also a medication called Doxepin.
Doxepin (Silenor) puts me to sleep and I stay that way. It's similar to mirtazipine in that higher dosages work for anxiety and low dosages work for sleep.
It's NOT controlled and low-dose doxepin is for patients with sleep maintenance insomnia, which is waking up frequently or early in the morning and not falling back asleep. It works for insomnia at doses in single-digit mg doses (3-6 mg) and anxiety at up to 75mg.
http://www.mdedge.com/currentpsychia...xepin-insomnia

For insomnia, I have also used Ramelteon (Rozerem) successfully, which is indicated for late sleep onset.

Good luck, CD

This is not a drug with recreational value whatsoever. This is frequently abused in the jail systems to get sleep as it's hard to in jail. It does have nasty side effects, for me at least. Yes it helps with sleep, but it gives me horrible anxiety in the day time. I feel like it gives me Parkinsisms, however I'm not sure if this drug causes it. When I'm trying to walk slow, my legs shake and wants to move fast. It gives you never ending hunger, this drug is utter garbage in my opinion, not even worth for getting some sleep
Just my two pennies

Mirtazapine is a really weird drug when taken recreationally. It's it has pretty cool hallucinations associated with it but it generally won't change much of your mental state i.e. your not gonna get ego death or whatever with it. If there's nothing else around, I guess it could be worth a try if you really wanted since it has a really low toxicity. Definitely stay away from diphenhydramine though because that is very unpleasant and can actually be really harmful.

Mirtazapine is a really weird drug when taken recreationally. It's it has pretty cool hallucinations associated with it but it generally won't change much of your mental state i.e. your not gonna get ego death or whatever with it. If there's nothing else around, I guess it could be worth a try if you really wanted since it has a really low toxicity. Definitely stay away from diphenhydramine though because that is very unpleasant and can actually be really harmful.
Yeah i dont wanna do dph.
I've read the effects on psychonaut wiki and they sound terrible.

Mirtazapine is extremely effective for insomnia. The smaller the dose, the more hypnotic it is. 7.5 mg mirtazapine and 3 mg melatonin is a heavily hypnotic combination that would knock most people out.

There is absolute no recreational value in mirtazapine, I have been prescriped it in doses from 7.5 mg to 45 mg. Larger doses increased my appetite insanely. This is the most common side effects of mirtazapine, besides lethargy the first days. Your appetite will rise, and quite much so.

I tolerated mirtazapine well, although at the time it wasn't especially effective for anxiety. I didn't have other side effects than a humongous appetite and weight gain. Compared to SSRI's, I had almost no side effects and have never experienced any withdrawal effects from it. But it's great for sleep. The initial hypnotic effect, which lasts for a few hours, put most people to sleep quite effectively. Together with melatonin though it creates extremely lucid dreams.