• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Mirtazapine and xanax

suzieq70s

Bluelighter
Do you think it would be OK to take 0.5 mg of xanax and 7.5 mg of mirtazapine tonight before bed

My 2 main concerns are I have a young child so I want to still be able to wake up should they need anything

Second will I be able to wake up and start my day after 8 to 10 hours of sleep

I've been talking mirtazapine for 1 month now. The xanax my first time was last night with just 0.5 mg

Do you think it would be OK to take 0.5 mg of xanax and 7.5 mg of mirtazapine tonight before bed

My 2 main concerns are I have a young child so I want to still be able to wake up should they need anything

Second will I be able to wake up and start my day after 8 to 10 hours of sleep

I've been talking mirtazapine for 1 month now. The xanax my first time was last night with just 0.5 mg

so you took both already and asking if they are ok together?
then yes
thats crazy mirtazapine alone knocks me on my ass at 7.5mg i couldnt imagine adding in xanax into the mix well i mean i could...but no way in hell would i be able to get up

mirtazapine in low dose SHOULD cause extreme sedation, in higher doses the sedation lowers thats why they usually start people off with 15mg and up to combat the crazy fatigue in the mornings

if you can handle both i dont see why not, if you take that combo for sleep and it helps then... rock on

so you took both already and asking if they are ok together?
then yes
thats crazy mirtazapine alone knocks me on my ass at 7.5mg i couldnt imagine adding in xanax into the mix well i mean i could...but no way in hell would i be able to get up

mirtazapine in low dose SHOULD cause extreme sedation, in higher doses the sedation lowers thats why they usually start people off with 15mg and up to combat the crazy fatigue in the mornings

if you can handle both i dont see why not, if you take that combo for sleep and it helps then... rock on

I have not taken them both together yet. I was asking for tonight. Last night I took 0.5 xanax by itself

Mirtazapine only makes me slightly drowsy. I've had many a sleepless nights on mirtazapine by itself

I have not taken them both together yet. I was asking for tonight. Last night I took 0.5 xanax by itself

Mirtazapine only makes me slightly drowsy. I've had many a sleepless nights on mirtazapine by itself

oh ok got confused on the last part of your post
have you tried temazepam? think thatll be a better option
it did wonders and i was at the point i was sleeping maybe 3 days out of the week

if you wanna take both i would take the mirtza and add in .25mg then add more if you think its needed

oh ok got confused on the last part of your post
have you tried temazepam? think thatll be a better option
it did wonders and i was at the point i was sleeping maybe 3 days out of the week

if you wanna take both i would take the mirtza and add in .25mg then add more if you think its needed

I've gone weeks with only an hour or two of sleep or less a night.

My new doc and I are working on my insomnia. She flat out says mirtazapine is the last of the 3 she'll prescribe. Been through ambien. Worked great but was on it for 2 years and it stopped being very effective. Also tried trazodone and amityptiline. Those 2 were worthless.

She's the type that believes if I had better sleep hygiene it would Be a cure all. She refuses to believe that insomnia can be that severe

I take Mirtazapine , 7.5 mg is a fairly low dose, I think usually they prescribe at least 15 mg. 0.5 mg Xanax is a fairly low dose, as long as you are taking them at bedtime I think the worst that would happen is that you would get really sleepy :). Wouldn't expect any ill effects from that combo at that dose.

I was prescribed 25mgs (if I remember correctly) of mirtazapine and 2mgs of xanax at one point so you should be fine. Like PH basically said the worst that could happen is it just knocks you out and it might make you feel groggy in the morning.