• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids mirtazapine and tramadol

They're both serotonergic. Mirtazapine has a very long half life, so probably a few days. However, it depends on how much youve been taking and how much tramadol you're planning to take

the mirtazipine tends to take a couple of weeks to build up in your system and that's not an awfully large dose of tramadol - as long as you don't exceed the dose of either you should be safe imo.

only for sleep.
How sure are you that i wont get serotonin syndrome or seizures if i stick to the doses and the time i plan on taking off?

The mirtazapine has a half life of 20-40 hours. A drug is pretty much out of your system after 5 half lives. So after about 5 days, youll have only the equivalent of like less than a 1mg dose of mirtazapine in your system. So there will be very low chance for a serotonergic issue like serotonin syndrome. You're also taking a safe dose of tramadol, so I think your chances of having serious issues would be slim.

ah just for sleep? yeah stopping would be fine, was just wondering if you needed them as anti-d's cause if that was the case then it wouldn't be a good idea to come offf them without consulting your general practitioner

If you have a history of seizures, I would avoid taking tramadol all together honestly. It has a narrow therapeutic index due to seizure risk. I think you'd still be okay, but to error on the safe said, I would avoid it.