View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mirtazapine and LSD

crescentry

Bluelighter
In the past, I've taken several different medications to treat chronic depression - including escitalopram, which is notorious for decreasing the intensity of an acid trip - , and they acted predictably, making it almost seem like I've taken nothing at all. I (somewhat) recently was switched to mirtazapine due to the side effects I experienced with previous meds, and am currently taking 30mg daily. Are there any dangerous interactions LSD might have with this medication? Will it affect the trip the same as an SSRI would? Thanks in advance.

you can trip on acid while taking remeron. i don’t know if it’s safe, but it won’t prevent you from tripping.

Maybe on high enough a dose.

But we get this kind of question regularly, and the answer remains the same. ADs and psychedelics mutually sabotage each other. Psych meds work through boring you into a leveled mood. And psychedelic mood enhancement is hard to separate from the deep dives into the dark, facing your mortality, your shadow and what have you.

Can I add salt to my water? Yes you can, but the result is disgusting and it won't quench thirst anymore.

Tripping on ADs only makes sense if some authority is forcing them onto you and you're indifferent to their effectiveness. People who do want to have their cake and eat it too tend to taper off their meds before they trip, and even that requires some experience because it's directly inviting a difficult trip through the chemical down you create this way.