• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Mirtazapine and codeine

Tollerance could be your issue. The more you use, the more you’ll need next time, that’s without a long enough break.

I was on mirtaz at a time and felt it enhanced the sedation of opiates. I was addicted to opiates at the time too.

I used to get high on codiene from the morn. Take mirtaz about an hour before bed.

What doses are are you talking about, how long have you taken codeine recreationally, how often and when did you start your mirtaz?

Do you use any potentiators to boost your codiene hit?

Hey OP! The Mirtazapine (Remeron) should not have a direct effect upon the Codeine that you're taking. Any kind of interaction that you may feel or experience are going to be simply the two drugs acting simultaneously. Whether this has a positive or negative effect upon the recreational qualities of your Opiates is anyone's guess really.

Please though, in the future try not to make threads that are dedicated solely to the act of getting high or questions regarding recreational usage with no immediate concern for safety. We are a Harm Reduction resource and while I understand that our philosophy can tend to be a little bit difficult to interpret as a new user, so let me know if you have any questions

Hi Freedome I have switched from Fluoxetine to Mirtazapine because the former was making me have mood swings from manic to weird feelings been on it year, stopped suddenly and got those brain zaps. I get the codeine on script 30/500. On 4 a day and sometimes used 8 but left myself short. Don't use anything else to make it stronger but promethazine has interested me. Thanks Keif' Richards it seems to be making more drowsy minus the euphoric effects from the codeine. It might actually help me stop the codeine because don't like this combo. Sorry I didn't mean to make it sound recreational just I noticed I wasn't getting the same feeling from the codeine. Also on diazepam and zopiclone which I don't find recreational anymore as I have a high benzo tolerance and a tolerance for the codeine.

Tolerance. But that should not mean use anymore, as thhe paracetamol in it can be damaging.
So take a break and go back to it if you can.
Take it from me, codeine is no joke to come off.

I have a tolerance for codeine. I went from taking 4 a day which I'm prescribed to 8x 30/500 in one go just to get that nice feeling back. It soon got out of control, buying solpadeine (which I did a cwe on) but I got fed up of doing that as it was taking ages just a drip every 2 mins and chemists ask too many questions. I can keep to my daily benzo dose but I always end up taking more codeine never more than 8 at a time as I know how hepotoxic apap can be. Occasionally I have done 10 at a time which is 5gs of apap but usually stop at 4gs. My GP won't givery me 8 a day could that be because of the diazepam? I'm prescribed 30mg a day. Also prescribed zopiclone 2 tablets a week. The mirtazapine does seem to work better when codeine is wearing off than combining the two.

Like others have said, tolerance. I have taken the two together and not noticed any interaction between them. If anything the sedation from the Mirtazapine would SLIGHTLY increase the opioid effect of the codeine.