Mental Health Mirtazapin experiences

Sebud

Greenlighter
Im prescribed 15mg/day mirtazapin. Started taking it at saturday, so day 3 going right now. Im already feeling a little bit better. Bit less anxiety and im sleeping very well. Doesnt work on depression yet tho. What are your experiences with mirtazapin? How fast it started to help? Dosage?

i’m on 22.5mgs. i cut the pills up to get that. for me, it’s ultra low on side effects relative to ssris. i have weird dreams, dry eyes, and the munchies. the dry eyes and weird dreams have reduced with time, but are still there. munchies haven’t faded at all. been taking it for about six months, maybe a little less.

i hope it helps you.

Last edited:
i’m on 22.5mgs. i cut the pills up to get that. for me, it’s ultra low on side effects relative to ssris. i have weird dreams, dry eyes, and the munchies. the dry eyes and weird dreams have reduced with time, but are still there. munchies are haven’t faded at all. been taking it for about six months, maybe a little less.

i hope it helps you.
Thanks

I was on 60 mg and stopped earlier this summer.

Mirtazapine is usually a bit quicker than SSRIs to take effect. 1-3 weeks initial for some

I did better with higher doses but I tend to be on the higher end. It worked pretty decently.

Yeah I never felt full on it. Could always keep eating. I didn't gain weight beyond what I was intending, but had to pay attention. Was good for sleep.

Last edited:
It's a really good atypical for depression. It can work faster than other antidepressants, but it still ought to be given time. It can also help with sleep. Doses range up to a max. of 30mg.

Some indirect opioidergic activity, but I'm not sure how much that figures into things. I've never heard of it for physical pain, for instance.

I believe it shares a mechanism with atypical antipsychotics in being a 5-HT2a antagonist, which theoretically improves executive and cognitive function.