• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Mirabegron and Amphetamine

the_happy_hash_man

Greenlighter
Hi, I have recently been prescribed Mirabegron (50mg per day) for an over active bladder problem. I'm wondering if is its safe to take speed, (UK “Base” Speed) whilst using Mirabegron.

It is listed as a moderate interaction online and the advice is to monitor the increased side effects of the amphetamine.

Does anyone have any experiences in mixing these two substances and any info on dosage guides?
I have not been able to find any similar experiences on forums.

Does any have any info on this subject? Really struggling to find a straight answer online. I wish I could ask my doctor a straight question about this. It says on the interactions list that caution and a dose adjustment should be used when Mirabegron and Amphetamine are used together.
I'm unsure if this could be applied to street speed or if taking it, even in small amounts would be unsafe.
I have reagent tested this speed and the results were normal and the reaction time was fast.

Mirabegron may increase blood pressure and heart rate and maybe heat production, so if you combine it with speed monitor your heart rate and BP closely and make sure you don't overheat

Pharmacy's tend to have BP cuffs just if your checking it while under the influence have a friend or someone drive you

I think the increased heat production could be a big problem, as neurotoxicity of amphetamines increases with temperature

Thanks a lot for the information. I'm thinking I may have to leave amphetamines and MDMA alone until I'm off Mirabegron completely.
Just seems too risky as little is known about these combos. Its a shame because I could really use a stim to lift my mood with the fibromyalgia meds I'm going to be on for life. Feel so lethargic with the opiates.

The doctor didn't want to prescibe any additional medication. He also said I have no illness that Modnafil would help.

The drug in question, by all accounts that I've read, seems to contribute to increased stress on the cardiovascular system. I'm not sure precisely how severe this interaction could or would be, but one can infer that it's probably less safe to combine these two drugs then to take them separately. Mirabegron (Myrbetriq) is a relatively new drug, so I think time will tell if there are any serious drug interactions.

I've read some more about it and imo you shouldn't combine the two as increased stress on the cardiovascular system and increased heat production due to brown adipose tissue being activated plus amphetamine can be really bad for your body