View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Minty blotters

CrypticArc

Bluelighter
Recently, one of my friends had a guy who sold him (and a few of his friends that I don't know), "LSD". This friend has never taken acid before, so I've got no real leads on what it was. I was wondering what it was and if it was safe, so I searched it, and I didn't find an answer, although it had been searched before. He said the experience was visual, and lasted a bit under 12 hours. He also reported falling asleep on it, uncharacteristic of acid but not impossible, although he didn't wake up until morning.

I've heard about people using a PetEther/Grain Alcohol tek on MG/HBWR seeds, and mixing with mint extract to form LSH. This fits the description, but I'm not convinced. Alternatively, it could be a breath freshener bottle used as a vial or something more sinister.

Has anyone else out there heard of anything on blotters that tasted minty? If so, is it safe?

LSA is fairly safe, and the amount of toxic stuff from a vial would be negligable on a standard blotter. If it is LSA, worst case is that your friend takes it and has no visuals(but feels insanely euphoric). However, it may not be just LSA.

Many times an LSD solution is mixed into breath refreshing drops for sale and transport. this may have been the case and then this was used to lay the blotter. This is actually very common and and In my experience does not affect lsd negatively. If its LSD you're all good IMO. Just thinking about some nice fresh breath is makeing me smile. But just the fact that its minty does not indicate what the chemical(s) are... but you dont fall asleep on acid.. period. If you look at the sheet you may be able to tell if it was laid or dropped.. if it was clearly dropped then it will increase the likelihood of this being the case.. but people don't sleep on LSD.

Last edited:
I'm not sure that the way in which blotter is laid will influence whether one falls asleep or not after consumption.

The LSA seeds and mint probably reference to the idea that adducts can be made of LSA (see LSH and threads named something like LSH quest or LSH saga), however that is a tricky subject and a lot of claims have lost credibility under scrutiny. IIRC some epimerisation may happen but LSH is not likely formed, especially not by using peppermint oil or tea.

If you ask me, minty blotters seem to suggest that they are made by dropping minty liquid acid solution on them. Still that does not necessarily prove that it was LSD on them.

At the end of the day, ID threads are not allowed here and we cannot and will not figure out what compound is on there and how the effects could be explained. Get reagents or other substantial forms of analysis.

I wasn't really asking for an ID, I was more asking if consuming it was known to hold risk. Ergot wine, which from my understanding also contains LSH, has been known to be dangerous.

Ergot can produce ergotism because of vasoconstrictive compounds like ergotamine, I never heard about LSA + mint preparations that serious side-effects were reported. It just sounds effective and more psychedelic than LSA for some reason, although like I said, it is a bit of a mystery.
Anyway to say if there is any known risk involved we would first need to know what is the active drug on the blotters right? That is IDing.