View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mini a/b

.:Holy::Toast:.

Bluelighter
During my dmt extraction my naptha would separate as yellow but as soon as I removed the lid from the jar it turned dark reddish brown. This obviously gives some impure product so I'm wanting to do a mini a/b on my impure product followed by a recrystallizatikn, I'm just not sure the ratios for a mini a/b, I'm using white vinegar and lye with naptha for my solvent

Look up the molecular weights of DMT freebase, acetic acid, and sodium hydroxide and figure it out, or use pH paper ;)

It does but I'm doing the mini a/b on already freeze precipitated spice so I assume I would need to make an acidified solution around ph 4 then add lye until ph 10 then add naptha and pull normally, buuuut unfortunately the ph paper I have doesn't work that well.
It didn't change colour even when I wet it with pure vinegar

Toast, If the spice is already in its base form just re-dissolve in naptha and any if you're worried about any water solubles that hitch-hiked just wash your naptha with water.
I don't think a full a/b is warranted though.

Try this: put your spice and a small amount of naptha...1gram spice/20-30ml naptha... in a small jar and put the jar with the spice and NPS in a hot water bath...

get water HOT in microwave..put spice jar in hot water bath and watch for spice to dissolve...you will see some yellow goo in the bottom of your spice jar..

pour the NPS off of the yellow goo..save goo, but separate it from the NPS and precipitate DMT in freezer..

....repeat until your you have depleted the goo to the point that no more crystals precipitate out in freezer.

Get some heptane...well worth the money.

Get more pH paper or boil a red cabbage and use that...

otherwise yeah, just suspend your free base dmt in a non polar solvent and give it a gentle rinse with water.

Get more pH paper or boil a red cabbage and use that...

otherwise yeah, just suspend your free base dmt in a non polar solvent and give it a gentle rinse with water.

Use warm water, IME, if you use cold water your DMT may start precipitating out early and you could lose some because some of the precipitated base can get suspended in the water.

Thanks for the tip with the water wash. I wash every pull I do now with 15-30ml warm water and after the solvent is clear with a yellow tinge

wash it with salt water rather than normal water, it should work even better as far as clearing it up.

I suggest making the water just a little alkaline. A teaspoond of sodium bicarbonate dissolved in a glass of water will suffice.