• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Mildly allergic to weed, would an edible be a better option?

TageMyBoy

Bluelighter
I believe I'm allergic because about ten minutes after I smoke, I get congested. I have a good amount of environmental allergies in general, especially to molds, I'm currently getting shots for them. Nasal congestion is usually the only main symptom, it usually gets worse in accordance with the more I smoke. I doubt it's just an allergy to smoke because I can smoke cigarettes, hookah, and anything else without a problem. Do you think I would avoid this problem by consuming an edible rather than smoking?

Smoking can cause nasal congestion anyway, I'm not sure it's an allergy, just the smoke irritating your sinuses a bit. Edibles don't cause it. Vaporizing isn't as bad.

Nasal congestion is usually the only main symptom, it usually gets worse in accordance with the more I smoke. I doubt it's just an allergy to smoke because I can smoke cigarettes, hookah, and anything else without a problem.

Smoking can cause nasal congestion anyway, I'm not sure it's an allergy, just the smoke irritating your sinuses a bit.

I'm with Greenthumb on this one.

It's also Spring, meaning a metric fuckton of pollen is in the air. Combine your allergies with smoking and you've got a perfect recipe to have to blow your nose after like every other hit.

If you are allergic (which I doubt, but can't rule out from an internet post, ya know?), I'm confident that eating cannabis wouldn't be any worse for you than smoking. It may not improve the experience in the slightest, but I doubt you'd be setting yourself up for a worse time than you had while smoking.

Smoking tobacco will make it worse too, it might not be an immediate effect like when you smoke weed, but it contributes to it. My nose has been much better since I stopped smoking, even now in spring, I used to get bad hayfever at this time of year (tree pollen?), but it's hardly bothering me this year. You can get corticosteroid nasal sprays that work as a temporary fix.

Salutations TageMyBoy,

...about ten minutes after I smoke, I get congested. .... Do you think I would avoid this problem by consuming an edible rather than smoking?

Well i like to keep cookies made from reclaims in storage but i tend to complete with vaping anyway... What i can say that could really make sense now is that in winter my place gets so dry it worsens my symptoms in a major manner. Though not anymore since i've installed humidifiers at last!

Before i'd even wake up with eye-lids sealed by secretions. Also there had to be strong gum everywhere because i found that chewing 3 pieces at once stopped my reaction when i began to experience rafale sneezing, before irritated skin appeared, etc.

Perhaps your house happens to be dry too in winter?

Good day, have fun!! =D

Also there had to be strong gum everywhere because i found that chewing 3 pieces at once stopped my reaction when i began to experience rafale sneezing, before irritated skin appeared, etc.

Awesome gum is just a godsend when high, regardless.

My problem? Flavor's gone in like 5min, man. Guess I chew like a cow or some shit, idk

No, it's a problem-- just not for you because you apparently spit it out within 3min? That doesn't sound realistic, though, but whatever.

Short-lasting gum is a bitch is all I'm saying. I need like an everlasting gobstopper or something.

If you're allergic to smoking cannabis and want to eat it, try a very small dose of it at first and see how your body reacts to it before you eat a regular or strong edible.

Does taking an allergy pill, using saline spray, or nasal allergy spray before you smoke or eat herb help you at all? I would do this before I would smoke herb and go out to bars back when people were allowed to smoke indoors in a bar, or dance club.

Last edited:
The edible from last night was pretty strong. However, it seemed to make me just as congested and smoking does. Need to go trade in my body for a more weed-friendly one.

Salutations Jibult,

...3min? That doesn't sound realistic...

At the 1st signs if i chew 3 pieces of particularily spicy gum at once then a crisis is avoided and temporarily resolution obtained in about 3 minutes. This came out of nowhere, someday i just realized i had an option between rafale sneezing and strong tasting gum... It's like that.

If you're allergic to smoking cannabis and want to eat it, try a very small dose of it at first and see how your body reacts to it before you eat a regular or strong edible.

You can even try powdering finely grinded cannabis flowers on exposed skin. Mine reacts but now that i've learned i must humidify the house better in winter such allergy-like symptoms are now mostly a nuisance of the past, not to mention quality of the herb varies and apparently those signs with it. Possibly i'm reacting to a compound of factors including contaminants from a poorly "flushed" batch, perhaps. Etc.

As the adage says, YMMV!

...it seemed to make me just as congested as smoking does.

That's important information to contribute, how about extracts? A QWISO maybe, this is done after "wintering" pure alcohol as i recall. The idea is to dissolve trichromes and other noble molecules while leaving behind chlorophile, tar and similar. For that reason it's supposed to be performed quickly, in a matter of seconds i believe. Since it's alcohol that would implicitly sterilize the resin i guess, so once evaporated you'd have some "clean" goodies to evaluate. Or if you were lucky to have a vaporist buddy, for example in my case it takes about 2 days using my modded VG pipe to render a cotton sticky enough for reclaim... I wish you the offending factor can be isolated and removed/attenuated in any case!

Good luck!! =D